Mystery/Unlogged Geocoins

emmieo

<_< Recently I have visited 4 cache sites where geocoins are indicated to be present.....but they are not there. The log indicates who picked them up but the geocoins have not been logged in as "Found". I presently have 2 caches which I have hidden and maintain. Coins were dropped in them as well but the coins are not there. The online site shows coins at my 2 caches. What should I do? <_<

You can post a note to the coin pages indicating they are not in the cache which informs the owner. They can then decide to mark them MISSING or not. As cache owner you can do that too but it's best to let the coin owner do it. If they let too much time go by you should probably do it to clear up any false expectations of people coming to your cache.

Welcome to the world of non compliant tracking..... or "To track or Not to track": the demise of the modern day geocaching traveler.

Track or not to track.... that is the question (sounds like a good idea for a coin, Droo!)

As a TB Hotel cache owner (who's slacking a bit), I try to make it to my cache to do an inventory on what is in the cache. If what is actually inside doesn't match the cache page - I will mark the travelers as missing and notify the owner of the traveler myself.

That's just what "I" do... other opinions vary :D

~J

Track or not to track.... that is the question (sounds like a good idea for a coin, Droo!)

As a TB Hotel cache owner (who's slacking a bit), I try to make it to my cache to do an inventory on what is in the cache. If what is actually inside doesn't match the cache page - I will mark the travelers as missing and notify the owner of the traveler myself.

That's just what "I" do... other opinions vary :D

~J

Should I contact the cachers who logged in that they took the geocoins - they took one from 2 of my caches, wrote in their log that they took them but never logged in at Geocoin Home that they "found" them. Is there someone from Groundspeak that would contact them reminding them to follow the "trackables" rules?

Should I contact the cachers who logged in that they took the geocoins - they took one from 2 of my caches, wrote in their log that they took them but never logged in at Geocoin Home that they "found" them. Is there someone from Groundspeak that would contact them reminding them to follow the "trackables" rules?

You could email them. They may be new and not know how to log or that they are supposed to. Just try to be as nice as you can. This is what I would do.