Make any one make there own "travel bug tag"?

sodapop11

If you want the traveler to be tracked here you would have to purchase a travel bug. You can certainly use other free tracking sites but that would require people to sign into the site to log it. Not everyone is willing to do that so those free bugs tend to go missing quicker than a gc.com issued bug.

You ought to consider going into business by re-issuing a tag for people who have lost both gc.com dogtags.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Sorry, no. Sales threads are not allowed in the TB forums.

If you wanted to do anything through/with this website, you have to go through proper channels and contact Groundspeak for approval at: Business Development - bizdev @ Groundspeak . com, because TB tags and geocoins that are trackable need design approval. The TB tag carries the Groundspeak logo, which is copyrighted, and if you were to use it, you would have to abide by the logo usage terms (link can be found at the bottom of the home page). If you make a tag without the logo, it might not be as easily recognized as a TB. You can't copy the design of the tag, because that design belongs to Groundspeak.

Some places on the web you can get single set of 2 for like $12 with shipping. Only thing is, a new TB tag is less. I guess if you have a bug with a lot of history you don't want to get lost in the archives, it may be worth it, but normaly, it would not be. The ones for $12 only let you put a bit of text. Something like

THE TRAVEL BUG

DO NOT KEEP ME

TRACK ME ON:

GEOCACHING.COM

ID: XXXXXXX

But I guess if you are trying to resurect a great bug that is AWOL, it may be a life saver.

i think what i am lo0king for is something without numbers like TB winner d0gtag that has a something with a picture behind the letters TB like this → [url=http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=

check the picture TB

Edited by wilddav

i think what i am lo0king for is something without numbers like TB winner d0gtag that has a something with a picture behind the letters TB like this →

check the picture TB

Just a friendly heads up.. you may want to remove the tb number form the picture or obscure it in some way!

yep.

Edited by BlueDeuce