"Add something - take something" - also applicable for GC & TB?

danboss

Hi there,

I always read, that if I would like to take something from a cache, I should place something else of similar or higher value at the same time.

Does this apply as well to TB's and GC's or am I allowed to take them out without adding anything just to get them travelling?

Regards,

danboss

Hi there,

I always read, that if I would like to take something from a cache, I should place something else of similar or higher value at the same time.

Does this apply as well to TB's and GC's or am I allowed to take them out without adding anything just to get them travelling?

Regards,

danboss

Travel Bugs and GeoCoins ARE NOT SWAG. Feel free to take them with out leaving anything in trade. Even with the travel bug prisons where the cache owner says you have to leave one to take one feel free to take what you want and can move. The only thing is you need to log them out the cache you got them from and be sure to log them into the cache you drop them in. The idea is to get them traveling.

Yes you are allowed to retrieve a traveler to help it travel without leaving anything. Similarly, dropping a traveler does not mean you get to pick up swag to keep.

Some TB hotels ask you to leave one if you take one, but these are generally considered to be TB "prisons" and are frowned upon by most of the community. I seem to recall reading that such language is not allowed on a cache page, but I can't swear to that.