FTF for all that finds this cache i don't like it

the cache is F.T.F.......Estero (GC128Z8) i don't like this what do you all think

What do you think of this emoticon :D?

I don't like it. I don't like raspberry ice cream. If Signal is going to eat ice cream, it should be vanilla or chocolate.

what about signal eating popcorn then?

:D

i don't like it because there should only be one FTF for a cache if say i was the tenth to find it that is not FTF

Can you please point me to Groundspeak's official rules about FTF?

there are no official rules about this i joist don't think it is right

Then it is a good thing that you live waaaay over there in CO, and the cache is waaaay down there in FL. So unless you have a trip planned to that area it should be really easy to ignore it. And if you do have a trip planned to that area, you can still ignore it.

I don't think poor grammar or spelling in forum posts is right, but I'm not going to start a thread to whine about it. :D

Edited by wimseyguy

I like it. A new twist on the typical guardrail hide. I'm sure some will complain about the ALR's but it doesn't bother me.

It's a "?" cache; it's allowed to have an ALR.

First, it is a mystery/puzzle cache.

Second mystery/puzzle caches are not allowed to have Additional Logging Requirements.

Third, this cache does not have an Additional Logging Requirement, it has a Logging Request.

I have found one and enjoyed it. I had imagined a really long GR, but was somewhat disappointed it only had 20 or so posts. (If you want to know which one just look at my profile under FTF's)

DoubleBent ALR's are no longer allowed. That is why the description says the logs will no longer be deleted. The finder does not HAVE to move it, and they do not HAVE to claim FTF. It is just suggested.

It is a Mystery/Unknown because the coordinates are not fixed. The reviewer probably has at least the end points for reference. If the new hider listed the coordinates that would A) decrese the challange and fun B make it a traditional instead of a mystery.

And as others have said, if you don't like it move on. Every cache will not please everybody.

Edited by IkeHurley13

This cache looks like a creative cache. I can understand the concept. I usually read the logs and cache page before going after a cache so if I don't like the cache or what other cachers are posting about it I won't go after it (of course that has never happened :D ). So you had ample opportunity to disregard this cache and you went after it anyway.

Jess80

Second mystery/puzzle caches are not allowed to have Additional Logging Requirements.

what? yes of course, mystery caches are allowed to have an ALR. if you have a cache that has an ALR, it's gotta be a mystery cache.

FTF naked (yes, there was one).

was there photographic proof? :D

There is a cacher whose name I believe is nakedcacher, who as the name implies, caches naked. There are several naked pictures of him on his profile of his out caching (they are censored). I saw it on the forums somewhere so his name could be spelled a little different but I think that was it.

There is a cacher whose name I believe is nakedcacher, who as the name implies, caches naked. There are several naked pictures of him on his profile of his out caching (they are censored). I saw it on the forums somewhere so his name could be spelled a little different but I think that was it.

nudecacher. He does wear clothes at events, not sure about out in the woods.

nudecacher. He does wear clothes at events, not sure about out in the woods.

what? yes of course, mystery caches are allowed to have an ALR. if you have a cache that has an ALR, it's gotta be a mystery cache.

You need to revisit the guidelines. Additional Logging Requirements were done away with completely last year. They were not even allowed to be grandfathered. Any caches that had ALR's at the time were required to either make them Requests or do away with them altogether or they eventually were archived.

The guideline you are thinking of is from the previous year when they did change the guidelines to say that any ALR caches had to be mystery caches.

What? Maybe if you posted this in 2007 or something. ALR's are not allowed, period. If you're seeing mystery caches that still have ALR's, they've just slipped through the cracks, and haven't been "updated". There's a handful in my area. Not that I'd ever report them or anything.

No they aren't and that is why the ALR of the cache in question was changed to a Logging Request.

I suggest you read Logging of All Physical Caches.

As this is a physical cash, no ALR can be enforced.

Since this cache is moved one support over each time a cacher finds it it would be considered a traveling cache so it is prohibited by the Guidelines.

The cache does not move any further than any other cache could be expected to stray. The cache does not move to a new town. It moves within a very confined area.

At best, you might have an argument that it would need to be labeled as a multi. But I see no problem with the cache as it is. I do see that some people just like to hunt for things to get upset about.

BTW, I can play Devil Came Down To Georgia.

reservoir_dogs-worlds_smallest_viol.gif

Since this cache is moved one support over each time a cacher finds it it would be considered a traveling cache so it is prohibited by the Guidelines.

The cache does not move any further than any other cache could be expected to stray. The cache does not move to a new town. It moves within a very confined area.

At best, you might have an argument that it would need to be labeled as a multi. But I see no problem with the cache as it is. I do see that some people just like to hunt for things to get upset about.

BTW, I can play Devil Came Down To Georgia.

reservoir_dogs-worlds_smallest_viol.gif

I can flow The devil went up to Detroit!

And scratch it if I still had turntables. :D

I can flow The devil went up to Detroit!

And scratch it if I still had turntables. :D

I tried Freebird, since JJC requested it, but it's more of a guitar solo kind of song. B)

ooooo using Freebirds highway on Guitar Hero to encode a puzzle cache that gets moved around, every one claims FTF on and something else that is legit but get peoples knickers in a bunch that I can't think of now. :D