FTF for all that finds this cache i don't like it

i don't like it because there should only be one FTF for a cache if say i was the tenth to find it that is not FTF

FTF, first to find

FTF, fourth to find

FTF, fifth to find

FTF, fourteenth to find

FTF, fifteenth to find

FTF, fortieth - fifty ninth to find

FTF, four hundredth - five hundred and ninety ninth to find

Should I keep going? That is already 225 FTFs. I can quickly add another 2k to it. If there should only be one then that means no cache should have more than three finds. :)

i don't like it because there should only be one FTF for a cache if say i was the tenth to find it that is not FTF

FTF, first to find

FTF, fourth to find

FTF, fifth to find

FTF, fourteenth to find

FTF, fifteenth to find

FTF, fortieth - fifty ninth to find

FTF, four hundredth - five hundred and ninety ninth to find

Should I keep going? That is already 225 FTFs. I can quickly add another 2k to it. If there should only be one then that means no cache should have more than three finds. :)

FTF as in first to find

FTF as in first to find

Doesn't negate the fact that there can be more than one FTF.

But why listen to me, I cheer a crowd in NC because they will hit a FTF but refuse to log it till after the local hound has a chance to find out he wasn't first, and you just go on being ticked about something inconsequential that is also out of your control.

the cache is F.T.F.......Estero (GC128Z8) i don't like this what do you all think

The only thing I don't like is the lack of a known spot for the cache coords.

I wish the CO would ask people to post the new coords. when they move the cache, he could make that part of the puzzle aspect.

I think the spirit of the game "Geocaching" (with capitol G) is that all caches are at a set location, which cachers can figure out by reading the cache page, or doing a puzzle.

But, I really like the IDEA, it is different and interesting!

It's on a freakin' guardrail, look/feel until ya find it. Not like a GPSr with corrected coords is gonna get ya right there...

Do yo know how long the guard rail is?

It appears to be over 1,000 feet long with around 179 guardrail posts. Therefore I DO think a new GPS coord. would help, even if multiple people found it in the same day you would have an idea where to start.

Also, all I said is it isn't in the spirit of the game.

Edited by joespaz
there are no official rules about this i joist don't think it is right

So even if their are no rules you want to impose your view on the community. There are many views of what is right and why does it bother you? It is more than 1500 miles from you. You don't even have to bother with the ignore list, it will never show up in your PQ.

There are many more things to be upset about such as why micros are still allowed. Now banning them would be great or move them to a subset of Waymarking.

I wish the CO would ask people to post the new coords. when they move the cache,

Actually traveling caches were prohibited long ago and I am very surprised this one got past a reviewer or maybe it wasn't phrased like this when it was reviewed.

Either way there is nothing here that can't be cured with two Margaritas.

So even if their are no rules you want to impose your view on the community. There are many views of what is right and why does it bother you? It is more than 1500 miles from you. You don't even have to bother with the ignore list, it will never show up in your PQ.

There are many more things to be upset about such as why micros are still allowed. Now banning them would be great or move them to a subset of Waymarking.

I wish the CO would ask people to post the new coords. when they move the cache,

Actually traveling caches were prohibited long ago and I am very surprised this one got past a reviewer or maybe it wasn't phrased like this when it was reviewed.

Either way there is nothing here that can't be cured with two Margaritas.

Actually I bet the reviewer required that both ends of the rail have points and any spot that did not fall within those radii, maybe even every support post. That is basically how musical lamp post caches get approved, every post involved has to have a waypoint.

I am sitting here discussing this one at home. It was pointed out to me that it is possible the reviewer has more information then we do on the cache page. It is possible that the CO reported the coords of all the guardrails, and let the reviewer know that the cache would always be at one of these spots.

Therefore it does fall within the rules of having a defined area, unlike a "movable" cache which was allowed to go anywhere and no one would know where.

Now...where can I find a nice guardrail around here to use for my own version?!?

I thought about it some.

I'm probably going to lie awake all night worrying about the 73+ bogus FTFs on that cache.

Since Groundspeak DOESNT CARE about FTFs, it makes it even worse.

Dreaming of people yelling FTF over and over on a 3 year old guardrail keyholder.

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

I know Adrian Monk would be upset.

Monk-732079.jpg

There are quite a few of these "Everyone Can Be a FTF on This Cache" type of hides around. There's one over here where you just have to make a 'unique' FTF claim e.g. FTF on a Monday, FTF with a labrador dog, FTF holding an umbrella, FTF naked (yes, there was one).

It's just a bit of fun so if you don't personally like the idea, just move on to the next one...

MrsB :)

FTF naked (yes, there was one).

was there photographic proof? :)

Yes, I believe there was (a very discreet one) :)

I was just trying to find the link to the cache but I'm not sure who placed it now... I'm wondering whether it might have been archived because I think it had an ALR that requested a photograph with each log so perhaps the owners decided that the fun was at an end once the ALR was done away with.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

There are quite a few of these "Everyone Can Be a FTF on This Cache" type of hides around. There's one over here where you just have to make a 'unique' FTF claim e.g. FTF on a Monday, FTF with a labrador dog, FTF holding an umbrella, FTF naked (yes, there was one).

It's just a bit of fun so if you don't personally like the idea, just move on to the next one...

MrsB :)

Yes, there are many such caches. But I've never heard of one exactly like the one Mrs. B is describing, or the one mentioned by the OP for that matter. I think they're both rather funny.

i love it!

There are a few hounds here who are verbose on their FTFs, and then on the ones they fail to get FTF - enjoy telling everyone their excuses for not getting out there 10 minutes after it was received on their smart phones.

....now let me see how it can be twisted into fitting a "power trail"....hmmm.

I think this sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Every cache we find is a FTF for us - first time found by the Scrabblers (of course we don't log it as such)

The logs on this cache are fun to read. if you don't like it, don't go, it's all spelled out so you know what you're going after before you leave the house.

I like it! :)

No where near my home but seems like just a fun thing and I see no harm in it. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and at this stage of my life it is all small stuff. So for those that want too go for it.

Edited by OldLog

Can you please point me to Groundspeak's official rules about FTF?

You do realize that the only place that a "FTF statistic" exists is either on your profile page- if you put it there or on the cache page- if the CO puts it there.

I could, if I felt so inclined, change my profile page to say that I was FTF on every single cache I've found. Would anybody be able to do anything about it? No. Should anybody care? Probably not.*

This CO is doing the same thing for his cache page.

I think the Greek philosopher Plato summed it up best when he said, "whoopity-flipping-do".

*Would somebody gripe on the forums about it? Most assuredly.

... I think the Greek philosopher Plato summed it up best when he said, "whoopity-flipping-do".

I think you may be confusing him with Archimedes who is well-known for shouting "Eureka!" when he found his submerged lunchbox while taking a bath.

MrsB

It wouldn't be the frist time. Thanks for pointing that out.

the cache is F.T.F.......Estero (GC128Z8) i don't like this what do you all think

Seems you might have a bit more time on your hands that could be put to better use; say, searching for caches around where you live rather than searching the website for caches in other states to complain about. Unless you are planning a trip to that particular location, why should it concern you what someone is doing there? If the cache falls within the guidelines of geocaching, what difference does it make if someone gets to claim a FTF when they are the 125th person to find it? Will it make a big impact on the way things are done ten years from now? If not, pull the wedgie out of your crack and enjoy life.

:)

Can you play "Free Bird" on that thing?

Or "Devil Went Down to Georgia"?

I actually can play 'Free Bird' on my violin :)

To the OP, I think this is a really fun idea. It's different, that's for sure. I love it! I'd probably go find it. Just put it on your ignore list, that's the thing to do for caches you don't like. No law that says you have to find all of them.

I know from living in Colorado, where you do, that there are tons of great caches to find in the area, so you won't miss out. Try the virtual on top of Mt. Evans, it's awesome!

Edited by nymphnsatyr

Hmmmmmm, the silliness is what makes it appealing.

Lets see FTF Hounds is a term bandied about on this thread. Number Whores is a term bandied about on the TOTG threads.

In the words of that great American Philosopher, Rodney King ... " Can't we just get along "

Take care, have a great day and Geo-Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to all.