Google Maps Upgraded for alberta!

M.A.D. Cows

Google just posted an update on their Google Earth/Map blog indicating they've started using new map data for Canada. Maybe this is what you're seeing?

Link to Google blog

Google data is updated, neat -- I see building outlines and forest areas. Also check out the Google Earth plugin mode -- looks real cool in downtown Toronto with all the buildings rendered in 3D too.

On a side note, while the maps are updated, they're not as current as they could be - seems to be the same data provider Garmin is using (notably things like the 410 extension in Caledon is missing, just like City Navigator 2011.10). I do note that Google uses Digital Globe for satellite, which is the same as Garmin Basecamp.

Google just posted an update on their Google Earth/Map blog indicating they've started using new map data for Canada. Maybe this is what you're seeing?

Link to Google blog

Google data is updated, neat -- I see building outlines and forest areas. Also check out the Google Earth plugin mode -- looks real cool in downtown Toronto with all the buildings rendered in 3D too.

On a side note, while the maps are updated, they're not as current as they could be - seems to be the same data provider Garmin is using (notably things like the 410 extension in Caledon is missing, just like City Navigator 2011.10). I do note that Google uses Digital Globe for satellite, which is the same as Garmin Basecamp.

Well what I really like about this is that since I lived in Rocky MOuntain House, (Town West of Reddeer) The Map was like a kilometer off so now that it is fixed I am really glad.

I just noticed when logging on today that goole maps has upgraded fo alberta I dont know about other parts of the world but I htink this is really cool!

I noticed that Stony Trail is now there. Yay!!!

Stony Trail is not completely shown. Missing a big section as it ends/begins at Mcknight Blvd NE.

I just noticed when logging on today that goole maps has upgraded fo alberta I dont know about other parts of the world but I htink this is really cool!

I noticed that Stony Trail is now there. Yay!!!

Stony Trail is not completely shown. Missing a big section as it ends/begins at Mcknight Blvd NE.

I was only looking near my house near centre street. I guess we will have to wait another year or so. :D