How many Earthcaches in Lower 48 States? World?

Woodstramp

Just curious...How many EC's are there in the Continental US? Also, how many total in the world? Thanks.

I just ran a pocket query, centered in upstate NY which only showed Earth Caches. With the limit at 500 caches it returned a list that covered a good portion of the east coast. The furthest east was in Maine, furthest south in Virginia, furthest west a good way into Ohio, and the furthest northest well into Ontario. I suspect that earth caches number in the thousands U.S. wide.

I did a PQ like NYPaddle did and came up with a heap that covered most of the southern US.

Once I looked at several of local ones I'd realized that I've been to a couple of them without even knowing it. :blink: I was at some of those spots but didn't have them loaded on the GPS to read the EC descriptions.

I was just curious how many there are to make sure I can have them saved. Just trying to gage "how many" to sort them for the PN. Thanks for the replies.