Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team_Romeo

? on new Magellan eXplorist GC

I just learned about this new Magellan eXplorist GC, specifically designed for geocaching. Looks like an upgraded/improved version of the Geomate Jr.

My question: does anyone know if this unit has the ability to manually enter coordinates out in the field?

I just learned about this new Magellan eXplorist GC, specifically designed for geocaching. Looks like an upgraded/improved version of the Geomate Jr.

My question: does anyone know if this unit has the ability to manually enter coordinates out in the field?

Just checked mine, which I just got about 2 hours ago. Yes, you can enter coordinates to the GPSr in the field, you have to enter them in as a waypoint. Just went through the menus and found where you can enter the coordinates.

Here are some screen captures from the GC that I just grabbed:

capture_4.jpg

capture_5.jpg

capture_6.jpg

Edited by madmikess

Just checked mine, which I just got about 2 hours ago. Yes, you can enter coordinates to the GPSr in the field, you have to enter them in as a waypoint. Just went through the menus and found where you can enter the coordinates.

Here are some screen captures from the GC that I just grabbed:

capture_4.jpg

capture_5.jpg

capture_6.jpg

Thanks! That is what I was hoping to find out. I really appreciate the screenshots. It looks like a good unit for geocaching and for kids.