Parking + Fee Attribute wanted

ixiter

Hello,

I would like to have a Parking+$ attribute for cache listings.

Reasons:

For now, we have to use 2 Attributes for parking and fee. OK, you can use the fee attribiute only. But isnt that clear and need to be explained in the listing, if it is meant to parking only, and not to access area.

The $ attribute is also suboptimal, since parking fee is almost always less than access fee. A $ Attribute is kinda acting as a deterrent.

Thats why I think, a P$ attribute would be fine

(ix)

Hello,

I would like to have a Parking+$ attribute for cache listings.

Reasons:

For now, we have to use 2 Attributes for parking and fee. OK, you can use the fee attribiute only. But isnt that clear and need to be explained in the listing, if it is meant to parking only, and not to access area.

The $ attribute is also suboptimal, since parking fee is almost always less than access fee. A $ Attribute is kinda acting as a deterrent.

Thats why I think, a P$ attribute would be fine

(ix)

I agree. Why?

Because while you CAN put that information in your cache page. It doesn't allow it be a FILTER for when you make PQ's & then load those results into GSAK, or any other program.

Having a P$ attribute allows that to be a FILTER for searches, PQ's etc... Haveing the information ONLY in your cache page doesn't allow it be used as a filter in PQ's etc...

TGC

I disagree.

Both (actually all) attributes are just general indicators. For details you should be reading the cache description anyway. There you can see what the actual fee is. And if the parking is free and if not, how expensive.

As an analogy look at the not 24/7 attribute. You need to read the cache description to see when it's available. Or should we also introduce an attribute "9 am to 6 pm", and "on weekdays only" and ...

Also, to me the Fee attribute suggests that I have to pay a fee to be able to reach a cache, not just for parking. The parking attribute means that there is parking available. Paid or free. Setting them both doesn't imply that it's paid parking.

I disagree.

Both (actually all) attributes are just general indicators. For details you should be reading the cache description anyway. There you can see what the actual fee is. And if the parking is free and if not, how expensive.

Yes, exactly. Problem is... You CAN'T do a search based on information that is in the description. You CAN use an attribute as a filter for searches & PQ's though.

As an analogy look at the not 24/7 attribute. You need to read the cache description to see when it's available. Or should we also introduce an attribute "9 am to 6 pm", and "on weekdays only" and ...

Great idea! We should do that as well. That way we can use that as a FILTER to find caches that are only available during certain hours, or available 24/7. Having hours listed in the cache description DOES NOT allow for it to be used as a FILTER in searches and PQ's.

Also, to me the Fee attribute suggests that I have to pay a fee to be able to reach a cache, not just for parking. The parking attribute means that there is parking available. Paid or free. Setting them both doesn't imply that it's paid parking.

Exactly... and because of that I want to know if I have to pay for parking, or if I have to pay for entry, or for both. Yes I CAN read the description, but I still CAN'T use that information as a FILTER in searches & PQ's. This is important information, because maybe I have a pass for free parking, but not for entry, or vice versa? State Parks, National Parks have a "Pass" you can purchase that provides for so called free entry (for a limited time like a year) so then maybe I not concerned about entry fees

My point being is yes the information SHOULD be in the cache description. Yet information in the cache description can't be used as a search filter & for ME thats the main reason for having the additional attribute.

TGC