PQ of a friends hides

jakabell

You can create a PQ for caches you own by using that selection on the PQ page, "I own". It will stop at 500 caches. If you own more than 500 active caches (some do) you'd have to date range the query.

This will not return archived caches of yours. If you want those, you'll have to create a bookmarked list of your archived hides. You can PQ that.

You can create a bookmarked list of your friends owned hides and query that. If your friend has a lot of caches, this can be a bit time consuming. I'd create the list first, then go to their profile, open their owned caches,and start doing a "copy and paste" operation of the GC Codes into the bookmarked list.

A PQ of your own hides is easy; Just create a new PQ and choose "I own" in the "That (And)" section.

A PQ for your friends is a bit more tricky. The obvious option is to make a new PQ of hides in your friend's area, then use an external tool to filter out all the caches from other owners.

However, if you're fine with a simple list of caches and coordinates, go to your profile page and click on the "Your Friends" link near the top. Select the friend, click on the "Geocaches" tab on their profile page, the click on on the "All Geocache Hides" link on the right to see all their hides.

From the list of hides you'll get, you can click on the "Check All" button at the bottom and then the "Download Waypoints" button to get a .loc file with all their active hides.

It won't have all the metadata that a regular PQ would have, but it's better than nothing, and you don't need to do any additional post-processing.

You can create a PQ for caches you own by using that selection on the PQ page, "I own". It will stop at 500 caches. If you own more than 500 active caches (some do) you'd have to date range the query.

This will not return archived caches of yours. If you want those, you'll have to create a bookmarked list of your archived hides. You can PQ that.

You can create a bookmarked list of your friends owned hides and query that. If your friend has a lot of caches, this can be a bit time consuming. I'd create the list first, then go to their profile, open their owned caches,and start doing a "copy and paste" operation of the GC Codes into the bookmarked list.

Thank you! I got it to work for MY hides. Great. Now to work on my friends. She has 101 hides, so it's going to take a while to bookmark them all. Seems like there should be an option on the 'create pocket query' page to select all caches by a particular user name.... Thanks again!

A PQ of your own hides is easy; Just create a new PQ and choose "I own" in the "That (And)" section.

A PQ for your friends is a bit more tricky. The obvious option is to make a new PQ of hides in your friend's area, then use an external tool to filter out all the caches from other owners.

However, if you're fine with a simple list of caches and coordinates, go to your profile page and click on the "Your Friends" link near the top. Select the friend, click on the "Geocaches" tab on their profile page, the click on on the "All Geocache Hides" link on the right to see all their hides.

From the list of hides you'll get, you can click on the "Check All" button at the bottom and then the "Download Waypoints" button to get a .loc file with all their active hides.

It won't have all the metadata that a regular PQ would have, but it's better than nothing, and you don't need to do any additional post-processing.

Thanks for the ideas... What do I do with the .LOC file though??? Sorry for my ignorance....

What do I do with the .LOC file though??

I believe you'll be able to download those .loc files 20 at a time, a group from each page of your friend's caches. they'll go into a number of different software applications. There you can look at them, or load them into your gps. The LOC file will have the cache name, GC Code and coords only! no description, no hint.

Geocaching Software I'd download Easy GPS for this, or just use whatever you're already using for geocaching files.. I believe that any software that handles .gpx files will handle the .loc file.

I could be wrong :blink:

Edited by Isonzo Karst