Fascinating Cache History...any comments from the peanut gallery?

joespaz

IF it's GCPFVM, then I don't really know that there is much to comment on.

Looks like the owner pretty much abandoned the cache and it got archived. Reviewers don't generally allow adoptions without the request coming from the owner. There's not enough information (that I can see) to show that is the case.

GCPFVM http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...0f-8ac31ce549f0

I was looking for the "PeeWee Herman" TB and happened upon this cache. I find the cache logs to be very interesting, what do you think?

I think it died a rather lingering death which was not helped by the (misguided, IMO) intervention of some fresh vegetables in the summer.

RIP Kid Cache.

MrsB

RIP PeeWee too!

Edited by joespaz

I was looking for the "PeeWee Herman" TB and happened upon this cache. I find the cache logs to be very interesting, what do you think?

I think it died a rather lingering death which was not helped by the (misguided, IMO) intervention of some fresh vegetables in the summer.

RIP Kid Cache.

MrsB

fresh vegetables? very cute reference

I should have put "Rest in peas".

Too late now :)

MrsB

Several cachers noted that PeeWee was missing, even when the cache was still there.

If you have a lot of film canisters, you can log a lot of missing caches.

Well put!

(Note: Film cans make great C.I.T.O. Kits)

Edited by joespaz

RIP Kid Cache.

MrsB

fresh vegetables? very cute reference

I should have put "Rest in peas".

Too late now :rolleyes:

MrsB

Funny how "they", of that mindset, never replace a regular with a regular, eh?

Only thing I found interesting is how they hit 18,000 and stopped caching yet they still maintain their membership.... :rolleyes:

I see from this log that the user was just caching yesterday. What's your criteria for determining a user stopped caching?

As for the original topic, I find it interesting to note that JoeSpaz seems to run into a lot of difference of opinions with some local cachers from some of his other posts here. They don't seem to find the need to drag his name through mud here, perhaps it might be wise to refrain from doing this to them.

And as a connoisseur of fine puns, I'm in awe of MrsB :ph34r:

Only thing I found interesting is how they hit 18,000 and stopped caching yet they still maintain their membership.... :rolleyes:

I see from this log that the user was just caching yesterday. What's your criteria for determining a user stopped caching?

As for the original topic, I find it interesting to note that JoeSpaz seems to run into a lot of difference of opinions with some local cachers from some of his other posts here. They don't seem to find the need to drag his name through mud here, perhaps it might be wise to refrain from doing this to them.

And as a connoisseur of fine puns, I'm in awe of MrsB :ph34r:

Well, you can blame this thread on me, since I tripple dog dared Joespaz to post the link, with no indication of what was interesting about the logs.

Well, you can blame this thread on me, since I tripple dog dared Joespaz to post the link, with no indication of what was interesting about the logs.

Brothers. It figures. I think you should both go there and look for it. It might still be around.

Edited by Erickson

Brothers. It figures. I think you should both go there and look for it. It might still be around.

Yeah, really. Then again, no one ever reported finding the throw down. I do agree, this resulted in calling someone out for a four year old incident. Not me of course, no names were ever mentioned. :rolleyes: