Just uploaded Geocaching Swiss Arm Knife

sodapop11

GSAK is kind of pointless if you are only downloading one LOC file at a time. It could take hours to get a decent database and there won't be much info in it beyond the coordinates and cache name.

You can download multiple caches from the search results page by checking the box to the right of all the caches you want to download and clicking on the download button near the bottom of the page. This will download up to 20 caches with a few mouse clicks. Unfortunately this also gives you LOC files with limited information.

To really get your money's worth out of GSAK it's best to use pocket queries to obtain GPX files.

Edited by briansnat

For the $30 a year it's well worth getting a premium membership. That way you can set up your Pocket Queries and then have GSAK automatically pull them from your email account. I have an account set up just for PQs. It's great, and helps support the infrastructure that is needed to keep this addiction going.

For the $30 a year it's well worth getting a premium membership. That way you can set up your Pocket Queries and then have GSAK automatically pull them from your email account. I have an account set up just for PQs. It's great, and helps support the infrastructure that is needed to keep this addiction going.

I have it set up the same way. Its so awesome, all you have to do is load up GSAK press 2 buttons and then have all the caches loaded and ready to be sent to the GPS. Couldn't be easier