downloading queries into garmin oregon 450

TheBloodhounds

Hi all. New to caching. I have a downloading question. To download the queries I have been:

1. making query

2. waiting for email of gpx file. Opening it and placing gpx file into garmin's gpx folder. However sometimes I never get the emails.

Now... is it necessary to work with the emailed gpx folder or can I load to gps from query page? If I use the "preview query" option...I see I can download caches directly to my gps without waiting for email, but one cach at a time and is very slow. I click all boxes to try to send, but it tries to download a loc file instead of a gpx file. Am I doing something wrong or the hard way??

Any help appreciated!

Hi all. New to caching. I have a downloading question. To download the queries I have been:

1. making query

2. waiting for email of gpx file. Opening it and placing gpx file into garmin's gpx folder. However sometimes I never get the emails.

Now... is it necessary to work with the emailed gpx folder or can I load to gps from query page? If I use the "preview query" option...I see I can download caches directly to my gps without waiting for email, but one cach at a time and is very slow. I click all boxes to try to send, but it tries to download a loc file instead of a gpx file. Am I doing something wrong or the hard way??

Any help appreciated!

you are best to use the gpx file that comes with the query. You don't get all the caches when you do it from the search page. Make sure your PQ is set up properly. Especially up near the top when it asks you if the PQ should be deleted after it is run, run every week or unchecked after running the first time. if you want the query to run weekly, you will need to check the proper radio button. also you can only run 5 query's per day. Once you set up the query, click on preview the query. that way you can see if it worked. Queries don't necessarily run immediately after you create them. If you say you want it for that day, it will be put in line and run when it's time comes. see if any of that helps, if not, let us know, maybe you can attache a screen shot of your query and we can offer up some suggestions.

1. making query

Any help appreciated!

you are best to use the gpx file that comes with the query. You don't get all the caches when you do it from the search page. Make sure your PQ is set up properly. Especially up near the top when it asks you if the PQ should be deleted after it is run, run every week or unchecked after running the first time. if you want the query to run weekly, you will need to check the proper radio button. also you can only run 5 query's per day. Once you set up the query, click on preview the query. that way you can see if it worked. Queries don't necessarily run immediately after you create them. If you say you want it for that day, it will be put in line and run when it's time comes. see if any of that helps, if not, let us know, maybe you can attache a screen shot of your query and we can offer up some suggestions.

Hi Joe. Thanks for the reply. I thought I have been doing what you said, but I will try again and be sure all fields are filled in properly.

Much appreciated!

Doug