Yet another quick questions....

Pino2804

.... I have found 4 other cache yesterday making a total of 5 so far, BUT I just came up with this pounding question..... Is it customary/possible to leave a geocoin in a micro? I got my first geocoin yesterday and I actually swapped it for a TB in another cache, BUT I could of have left the coin in a micro that I did before. ALSO, if I have a geocoin and feel like I want to release it in my first find ( which it was a micro and it is only 2 blocks away from my house ) is it doable? I DO LOVE this site and would like to "play" by the rules, and maybe it shows this rules somewhere on the site but I haven't seen them yet ( I know after I post this I stumble on them right away ). THANKS and CIAO!!!!

.... I have found 4 other cache yesterday making a total of 5 so far, BUT I just came up with this pounding question..... Is it customary/possible to leave a geocoin in a micro? I got my first geocoin yesterday and I actually swapped it for a TB in another cache, BUT I could of have left the coin in a micro that I did before. ALSO, if I have a geocoin and feel like I want to release it in my first find ( which it was a micro and it is only 2 blocks away from my house ) is it doable? I DO LOVE this site and would like to "play" by the rules, and maybe it shows this rules somewhere on the site but I haven't seen them yet ( I know after I post this I stumble on them right away ). THANKS and CIAO!!!!

I would say .. if it will physicaly fit in the container , then yes ,

You can release coins or TBs in any cache they will physicaly fit into!! Even your own caches. Be aware that coins and bugs are "travel" items , not "trade" items! You are not required to leave something if you take one, nor take something if you leave one!!

I have left TB's in caches I found earlier, by logging my visit as a "note" and explaining the bug drop. I have returned to caches I dropped bugs into as they were not moving, so I picked them up again and moved them to a "more traffic" cache. All the re-visits were logged online as "notes".

Good luck with your coins, and may they travel far and long!!

Is it customary/possible to leave a geocoin in a micro?

That would be fine. But give it the old "removal test" first. There are collectable coins called "Pathtags" that will fit into a matchtube, but they won't come out. Many matchtubes have just enough taper to trap coins of a certain size. I almost got a signature item compass jammed inside a machtube once, after it dropped in real easy. Micros are usually set up to have only a log (but I have crammed mine full of Swag).