Cache Name on the map screen.

Have a new 450 and it was showing the cache name on the map screen but now only shows the cache icon.

Not sure what changed and I have tried every map and waypoint setting I could think of also I used GSAK to load the gpx file.

I like seeing the cache name or GC code on the map.

Thanks for any help

Have a new 450 and it was showing the cache name on the map screen but now only shows the cache icon.

Not sure what changed and I have tried every map and waypoint setting I could think of also I used GSAK to load the gpx file.

I like seeing the cache name or GC code on the map.

Thanks for any help

I've been trying to figure out the same thing on my Oregon 450. It's really a pain not being able to see the cache name. Yet another feature on my old 60CSx that is not on the Oregon? If there's a way to display the names, please let us know. Also, is there a way to increase the icon size?

Don't know about the 62s, but that menu option on the 450 is for the list of caches, and has nothing to do with what is shown on the map. The map only shows a little green box for caches. No name, no GC code, just the icon. Very frustrating.

I don't have an Oregon, but on my 62s, you go to the geocaches page, then menu, then setup geocaches, then under "geocache list, change it to "show names". Given that the Oregon and 62 menus are pretty close, that should get you there.

Don't know about the 62s, but that menu option on the 450 is for the list of caches, and has nothing to do with what is shown on the map. The map only shows a little green box for caches. No name, no GC code, just the icon. Very frustrating.

I don't have an Oregon, but on my 62s, you go to the geocaches page, then menu, then setup geocaches, then under "geocache list, change it to "show names". Given that the Oregon and 62 menus are pretty close, that should get you there.

I use the EasyGPS (look on the Geocaching.com website under Resources, I believe) and it allows you to specify how you want things to display. It might seem easier just to drag GPX files into a file folder on the Oregon, but I find using this program helps a lot.

Karl

I use the EasyGPS (look on the Geocaching.com website under Resources, I believe) and it allows you to specify how you want things to display. It might seem easier just to drag GPX files into a file folder on the Oregon, but I find using this program helps a lot.

Karl

So I tried downloading the EasyGPS to get the cache names to appear above the caches on my map screen for me 62st. still didn't work....so I tried just dragging them to the GPX file directly....still nothing.....has anyone contacted Garmin about this? Well I'll go drop them a line to support about this whole issue. I as totally agree that I would like to see many cache names above the caches on the map screen without having to scroll over each one of them. I will keep you posted.

Ah, sorry, I must have misunderstood what you were looking for. None of my Garmins nor my Magellan ever showed the cache name on the screen all the time, just the icon. I have had times when I would click on it and it showed only the GC name, which is what I thought was the issue here. Sorry about that.

Karl

I played with every option in the Map menu section, trying to change the zoom level, level of detail, etc. but never could get geocache names to show. It's odd, since any user-defined waymark that you enter will show by name. Perhaps Garmin fears that it would overwrite every part of the screen in cities?