Help GPS is beating me!

We bought a eTrax Legend HCx it holds 1000 waypoints and I am slowly entering them one at a time. My question is how do I drop a bunch at a time into the unit. Honestly the area I am trying to get in is Edmonton (as the kids have almost cleared our area of Leduc) and doing it one at a time seems redundant as I am positive that I am redoing half of the ones that are already in there every time I sit to do adds. I tried to check to boxes on the right and download all waypoints from one page but once I do that and it saves to my computer there is nothing to open that file? Please anyone who can give me dummy directions that wold be awesome!

As a premium member you can pocket queries of upto 500 geocaches 5x's a day giving you almost 3500 caches to choose from to load onto your GPS. I use GSAK to open the PQ's and then to load what I want onto the GPS. I believe the Legend only holds 500 geocaches. You may not want load all 500 because you may need to do a puzzle or multi in the field and mark your new coordinates.

GSAK is free but after so many days you will get a nag screen asking you to donate money for the software.

Good luck

We bought a eTrax Legend HCx it holds 1000 waypoints and I am slowly entering them one at a time. My question is how do I drop a bunch at a time into the unit. Honestly the area I am trying to get in is Edmonton (as the kids have almost cleared our area of Leduc) and doing it one at a time seems redundant as I am positive that I am redoing half of the ones that are already in there every time I sit to do adds. I tried to check to boxes on the right and download all waypoints from one page but once I do that and it saves to my computer there is nothing to open that file? Please anyone who can give me dummy directions that wold be awesome!

That unit comes with MapSource. It is a very basic map but it does include the capability of transferring data back and forth between your computer and the gps. You could also use a piece of free software to do the job - EasyGPS. Build the waypoint file in one of those programs and then transfer the data to your gps.

If you are talking about waypoints for caches, you can download them directly to the gps or download them into either MapSource or EasyGPS and, if you wish, edit the note that will appear on the gps by editing the waypoint properties.

Many folks here use GSAK to manage their waypoint files. Someone will probably post with information about how to use that.