Caching in Chattanooga Area

mtnman262

Hi all!

My name is Eric and I am from Wisconsin. My wife and I have been thinking of moving to the Chattanooga area for some time now (despite having never been there). After this winter we are ready for a change. So... we decided we should probably come take a visit and see it feels right or not.

So we'll be there for a week in June and I was hoping to do some caching while we're there. I am hoping to get your opinions on the best/favorite caches in the area.

Normally I like caches that out in the boonies that require long hikes to get to, great views etc... and I plan to do some of this too... but for this trip I am trying to get a feel for what Chattanooga is all about... historic places, local neighborhoods, sculptures, fountains, etc... I am far more into quality than quantity. Basically all the stuff that cant be found in a pocket query...

Well hopefully you can help me out... and maybe I'll see some of you out on the trail while I am there in June.

Thanks!!

Eric

mtnman262

I live up the road in Smyrna, TN (just outside of Nashville). Haven't cached a lot in Chattanooga but have been there quite a bit over the years. It is a neat little big town with a lot of character. The only cache I can think of off the top of my head is Stolen Waters Earthcache just NW of town. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...3f-2e1ccff09b08

Join the local club forums and post there. They will give you a list a mile long and probably throw an event for you. They love having an excuse for an event! www.getgc.org

Chattanooga is a great city. It's close to a lot of nearby areas as well: Nashville, The Smokies, Atlanta, and Huntsville :rolleyes:.

Webcam GCPB7G, downtown, the only downside is the parking, just about every open lot has a parking attendant or honor box but you can park and walk to plenty of caches. The riverwalk has a nice view both across the river and along side.

No trouble to grab three states in one quick trip. GCH72A, and if you make it that far come on around the bend for this one: GCPNZF

Lookout Mtn there are 3 virtuals and an earthcache GC41C9 and Lula Lake is a nice area with limited access: GCKNAF

There's plenty to do and see and caches too!