Premium Member cannot view Premium Only Cache

GC-Files

I tried to search for this first, hope it isn't listed somewhere else.

Curious if this happens often or if there is something screwy with my account.

I have been a premium member since last June, due up again in June. Today I'm searching caches in the are I'm in for the weekend and I cannot view a premium only cache. Just get the message...

"This is a Premium Member Only cache."

...and cannot see anything else. There is no apparent message otherwise. Am I missing something?

The cache is GCTJ2T

:rolleyes:

Do you get the message that it's not at the above coordinates, or do you get nothing at all? It is a puzzle cache, and (I think) there is not supposed to be a description.

edit:You did post a note, so if I remember correctly, you are able to see everything you need to.

Edited by CanDMan47

Just tried it and does not work for me too. All I see is the "*****NOT AT THE ABOVE COORDINATES*****" message and nothing else under. No puzzle, no hints, nothing. Strange...

... I just read the above (I really suck at puzzles), so I guess having no other description is part of the puzzle... therefore, I guess it works for me. I can see all the logs, the coordinates, etc.

Edited by RDL_TreasureTrek

I don't get it. The puzzle is the note that it is not at the coordinates? I thought they had questions or something to answer? I see nothing other than that note...

*****NOT AT THE ABOVE COORDINATES*****

Am I missing something in that or is that the puzzle itself?

I don't get it. The puzzle is the note that it is not at the coordinates? I thought they had questions or something to answer? I see nothing other than that note...

You may want to email the owner for a hint to get started. The cache page is showing correctly. :rolleyes:

Just tried it and does not work for me too. All I see is the "*****NOT AT THE ABOVE COORDINATES*****" message and nothing else under. No puzzle, no hints, nothing. Strange...

... I just read the above (I really suck at puzzles), so I guess having no other description is part of the puzzle... therefore, I guess it works for me. I can see all the logs, the coordinates, etc.

That's because that's all there is on the cache page.

There are three caches in my area all using the same puzzle idea. The second guy copied the first (and gave credit). The third guy copied the second (and gave credit as well).

Solving this is not hard if you just think outside the box just a little.

A while back I saw this great advice in another thread:

A while back, The Rat offered a puzzle-solving class as an event cache. His slides are available here:

http://thegba.net/resources/general_information.php

Among the tips he offered:

Identify the theme. Check the cache title, the hint, the HTML source, the graphics (including names/URLs), any links (including URLs), whatever is at the posted coordinates, etc. If you can figure out the theme, then you should look for numbering systems that are associated with that theme (zip codes, area codes, telephone keypads, episode numbers, etc.).

Around here, coordinates will have 15 digits, and will look like "N 37° xx.xxx W 122° xx.xxx". So when I'm solving a nearby puzzle, I look for a group of 15 things, and then I look for ways to get the digits 37xxxxx122xxxxx from them. In general, I look for ways to get the number 37 (or the digits 3 and 7) from something near the beginning of the puzzle, and the number 122 (or the digits 1, 2, and 2) from something near the middle of the puzzle. (Of course, you'll need to adjust this for the coordinates near you.)

Other useful resources include the Puzzle Solving 101 Series

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...ef-901807ba9c98

and this "Solving Puzzle Caches" article

http://bcaching.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/puzzles-part-1/

You may want to email the owner for a hint to get started. The cache page is showing correctly. :rolleyes:

Can't, his account isn't validated. He hasn't logged in since 2008.

Can't, his account isn't validated. He hasn't logged in since 2008.

That's weird. I would think in order to be a premium member (to hide a PMO cache) you would have to be validated.

But really, this is more like a 1 or 1.5 difficulty puzzle. Especially given the limited information, it should become very clear how to solve this.

It is showing correctly the "not at the above coordinates" is part of the CO description. Try the only other information on that page that is specific to this cache...besides the posted coordinates! :lol: GL and I wish i was closer to....but it's 1620km, it's sunday and i'm tired.