Only Happy Geocaching Thoughts Allowed In This Thread

Last night I dreamt of trashing hard drives in search of magnets. Although, I'm not sure if that qualifies, heh.

Those are the best darn magnets. One of those would hold an ammo can to a guard rail!

We (my wife and I) had an awesome day geocaching last Monday. 9 for 9, beautiful day, awesome trails in a state park that I had never been to. Today is a beautiful day (weather wise) and should be another great day for geocaching. :huh::blink::ph34r:

I'm happy that a cacher posted this log for a series that Lost Scouts and I put together.

This was cache 10/10 for the series.

I must tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my day on Friday and finishing the bit to do today.

When the series popped up Friday morning I made the decision that

I needed some therapy and driving around going to new places was just what the doctor ordered.

My favorites were the Ross Forest one, the Hidden Marsh and the one at the cool park in Niles.

That stream was just begging for some fly fishing.

I did manage to do a couple of others during the tour but

I bet I passed by 200 drive buys throughout the whole tour and could really care less.

I cache to get outside and walk in the woods in new places. Thank you both for taking me there.

Great series.

I appreciate the time you took in putting it together.

Last night I dreamt of trashing hard drives in search of magnets. Although, I'm not sure if that qualifies, heh.

I collected FOUR old hard drives yesterday evening and my happy thought is that I was just reminded of them. So I am heading out to my car so I can recover 8 more magnets.

I had a good morning caching - 7 of 8 (the DNF has probably been muggled) and had enough time to do a little fishing before the CVGA monthly social get-together. Had a few beverages, met a couple of new folks, and got to spend some time with a few of the regulars. I've had a great day and it's only 6pm!

What made me happy today was doing something I would never have known about or done if not for Geocaching, and that's repelling. I am afraid of heights and was able to conquer that fear today and have fun doing. The pay out, getting a cache repelling down!!!! Got to say this was a great day!

I finally broke my habit of these forums and all the negativity that seems to propagated by a select few. Ok, sorry, I lost control..

My whole day was made when I got two logs on a cache I hid just yesterday where the seekers considered the cache COTM quality.

LOL I knew from past internet experience stepping into these forums would be the worst mistake I would make as it pertained to this stuff. It has been and I regret it. :rolleyes:

That being said, my positive of the last couple days was getting 3 caches before an employee dinner last night that I wasn't looking forward to. However, I won a new digital camera at said dinner that I plan to use when geocaching instead of lugging my good camera out with me.

I'm happy when I see new caches. Of course they are usually over twenty miles away but I consider that close to my rural location.

True story.

I once invited a co-worker/friend over to my house and they said. "That's too far to drive. Why don't you come over to my place?"

Me: "Ah. It's the same distance from my house to yours."

"Yeah, but you used to driving that far."

:rolleyes:

That's a happy thought because I think it's a funny story. :rolleyes: And yes I have driven to their house and they have never made the trip to mine. Too bad for them because I have a lot of bacon here.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I'm happy when I see new caches. Of course they are usually over twenty miles away but I consider that close to my rural location.

True story.

I once invited a co-worker/friend over to my house and they said. "That's too far to drive. Why don't you come over to my place?"

Me: "Ah. It's the same distance from my house to yours."

"Yeah, but you used to driving that far."

:rolleyes:

That's a happy thought because I think it's a funny story. :anibad: And yes I have driven to their house and they have never made the trip to mine. Too bad for them because I have a lot of bacon here.

mmmmm bacon... that is a happy thought!! :rolleyes:

My other happy thought is my hand-picked/hand-carved geo-staff is nearly complete!

The snow is finally gone from the ground so we can start caching again without the snow gear.

We've been picking up a few caches here and there, nothing really big but we are hoping to get to 99 caches found by May 1 (We've been caching just under a year) so that we can make the GeoEvent our 100 cache.

We are planning our first hide and hope to have it out just in time for our one year of geocaching (May 15th).