Garmin eTrex Vista HCx--Games don't work!

I finally got myself a GPS to replace the one stolen a few years (yes, years) ago. I decided I wanted something good but not something that has everything. So I selected Against a Colorado because its expensive and I don't need all the gizmos. And I selected Against an eTrex H because it didn't have enough. So, I selected FOR an eTrex Vista HCx because it has everything I NEED along with some extras. One of the extras was Games. There are six games on the GPS. But they don't work! The things that are supposed to move up or back or right or left don't do any of that! :huh:

So, how do I get my games to work on my eTrex Vista HCx?

You are aware that you actually need to walk around with the GPS to play these games? You don't play them with the buttons.

As such you also need a good GPS signal :)

WHAAAAAT????

No. I didn't know that. There are NO instructions for the games in the manual. None. I don't know if you are kidding me or not... How would walking around help you with Gekoids, for instance? Or an other.... Are there supposed to be instructions for them somewhere?

You are aware that you actually need to walk around with the GPS to play these games? You don't play them with the buttons.

As such you also need a good GPS signal :)

WHAAAAAT????

No. I didn't know that. There are NO instructions for the games in the manual. None. I don't know if you are kidding me or not... How would walking around help you with Gekoids, for instance? Or an other.... Are there supposed to be instructions for them somewhere?

Yes, most of the games are intended to be played outdoors with a GPS signal. Download the Vista-C manual from:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/userManual....ct=010-00368-00

It has a basic set of instructions for the Garmin games. (It is a much more comprehensive manual than what comes packed with most of the newer eTrex range, and 99% of the content still applies.)

(You may conclude that it wasn't worth the bother, though - the games are pretty lame, but your kids might enjoy them! :) )

How would walking around help you with Gekoids, for instance?

Gekoids uses the magnetic compass built into the unit, you can play that one indoors or in a cave or underground parking structure without a GPS signal if need be. Just turn to point the ship, press the ENTER button to shot. Some of the games require you to run about and have a GPS signal. I've seen instructions on the unit for one or more of them, but I don't really play the games so couldn't give you any tips on those.