Will this eventually effect our "found" score?

Night Crawlers

Just out of curiousity, is this going to tie in with cache finds? Or will it be a seperate count? Also, who is monitoring all of these benchmarks to see if people are really actually finding them? I am not saying everyone logs things without finding them, but we have come across those few "cheaters". We do think the benchmarks are a great idea. We found our first one on accident while setting up our virtual cache "A lock that doesn't need keys". But we do give it a big thumbs up!

28291_300.jpg

FGA - Florida Geocaching Assoc.

quote:
Originally posted by (Confuzn aka John & Saxy aka Antoinette):

Just out of curiousity, is this going to tie in with cache finds? Or will it be a seperate count? Also, who is monitoring all of these benchmarks to see if people are really actually finding them? I am not saying everyone logs things without finding them, but we have come across those few "cheaters". We do think the benchmarks are a great idea. We found our first one on accident while setting up our virtual cache "A lock that doesn't need keys". But we do give it a big thumbs up!

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/avatar/28291_300.jpg

FGA - Florida Geocaching Assoc.

Yea it's sad that some will cheat and claim a find without actually finding it. Really though who cares. I don't look at other peoples score at all and I really don't look at mine. I just savor the enjoyment of each and every hunt/find one at a time.

ENJOY THE OUTDOORS

quote:
Originally posted by MapLady:

So..can you still log both a cache (which requires you to find a benchmark) AND a benchmark?

Maybe the question should be, "Is Benchmarking part of Geocaching, or is it an entirely different game?" If it's an entirely different game, sure, double-log them. If it's all one game, then no.

25021_1200.gif