Oregon 450 and waypoints in caches

Okay, so the Oregon 450 is a great device, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the other waypoints - like parking areas, etc to show up on the device when adding caches....I have seen the "P" for parking on screen shots so think there must be a way...or do we think they have to be added separatly as waypoints from the cache page (manually and change the icon?)

Any help would be great.

Okay, so the Oregon 450 is a great device, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the other waypoints - like parking areas, etc to show up on the device when adding caches....I have seen the "P" for parking on screen shots so think there must be a way...or do we think they have to be added separatly as waypoints from the cache page (manually and change the icon?)

Any help would be great.

As you probably already know, the PQ comes in two pieces, and the "child" waypoints come in the [somepqnumbername]-wpts.gpx file. That leaves us to ask - what are you doing with that file, and how are you sending the caches from your computer to your Oregon?

If you are using GSAK (recommended for a variety of reasons), you'll need to be sure to check the box for "Include additional child waypoints" = "Yes" and "Include..." = "All children".

Any help would be great.

As you probably already know, the PQ comes in two pieces, and the "child" waypoints come in the [somepqnumbername]-wpts.gpx file. That leaves us to ask - what are you doing with that file, and how are you sending the caches from your computer to your Oregon?

If you are using GSAK (recommended for a variety of reasons), you'll need to be sure to check the box for "Include additional child waypoints" = "Yes" and "Include..." = "All children".

Thanks for the response...I am actually just putting the files (gpx) onto the device...I use a Mac, so limited gsak options....Maccaching does not seem to work anymore with my 450...

Thanks for the response...I am actually just putting the files (gpx) onto the device...I use a Mac, so limited gsak options....Maccaching does not seem to work anymore with my 450...

Not as convenient. If you load the wpts.gpx files, you'll get the children as regular waypoints, but not directly related to the caches, but they will be mentioned automatically in the end of the cache description when you view that. Edited by ecanderson

Any help would be great.

Hey ecanderson, I just want to compliment you on your well thought out and easy to understand replys. I always enjoy and look forward to reading your comments. Thanks much for your contributions.

OldA'sFan

Hey ecanderson, I just want to compliment you on your well thought out and easy to understand replys. I always enjoy and look forward to reading your comments. Thanks much for your contributions.

OldA'sFan

Aw - it's just that I'm an old A's fan, too. REAL old. I grew up in KC with the A's, their white kangaroo shoes, Charlie Finley ( :rolleyes: ), Campy Campaneris and Reggie Jackson ( :rolleyes: ), and a mechanical rabbit (Harvey) that came up out of home plate to deliver fresh balls to the home plate umpire at the old Municipal Stadium at 22nd and Garfield... but man, did they stink! 59 and 103 seasons do not a premier team make.

I'm planning a caching trip back to KC this summer (gotta catch Mingo, GC30, along the route) and with some luck, I'll catch a Royals game while I'm there. There sure aren't many caches out on the east side of KC.