Trackable Mileage

Forest Guy

I recently picked up a travel bug (an old key) originally from the Czech Republic, released June 2007 and has 25,622 miles recorded...the most by far of any that I've found.

I bet a lot of you can beat that, though...what is the farthest distance traveled by a trackable that you've picked up?

Placed on May 9, 2005, Tigger 2 has logged 59264.7 miles as of May 4, 2010. I would really like to know what the record for longevity and mileage is for a Travel Bug or Coin that is actually in circulation. This one was released near Memphis, TN, into a location near my first ever geocache. Since that time it has traveled, with the help of many special geocachers, to several countries and states. I am hoping it will make it to 60,000 by its anniversary date, but really, I just enjoy seeing where it goes. My favorite story about this TB follows:

Tigger 2 was in a cache near Groundspeak Headquarters. I was headed through the state where HQ is located, and decided to grab it and take it to the HQ. I managed to get it, get a special visit at HQ, and logged the TB into the HQ TB Treasure Chest. When it stayed there for several weekly visits by geocachers, I was worried that no one would move it again, and simply spend time logging discoveries. Then one day it was picked up. I moaned when I realized that the cacher that grabbed it only had 2 finds, one of which was the HQ cache. I worried that it would be lost forever, but to my surprise it was placed in a geocache near Frankfort. It left there and went to Western Australia, then to Great Britain, and is now back in the same Frankfort cache. Hopefully it will begin its trek back over the "Big Lake".

HAPPY GEOCACHING!!!

pcsenn :D