Lowrance Endura Out&Back

I have been geocaching almost a month and I have an older model GPS with no mapping/roads or directions. I am thinking about buying another GPS and the Lowrance Endura models with the paperless geocaching look awesome. I was wondering if anybody out there has used any of these models preferably the Out&Back and could give me some feedback on how this model is working out for them. Do the descriptions load quickly, is it accurate, any bugs? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have the Out&Back and love it for geocaching! Like chachi said, there are few bells and whistles but one thing the Endura's offer that the others do not is the PDOP calulated for current satellite conditions! More practical in my opinion than the classic EPE or GPS accuracy (Enduras give you this as well). Good luck in your decision!

We just received our Out & Back today from tTheDigitalOasis.

I quickly download a topo map and satellite imagery.

I got both into the unit just fine, but it looks like the unit places the satellite imagery on top of the topo, and you can't switch between the two.

anyone know if this is correct?

I got both into the unit just fine, but it looks like the unit places the satellite imagery on top of the topo, and you can't switch between the two.

At present only one map type per location can be displayed. I am under the impression this is suppose to be rectified in the next firmware upgrade. For what it's worth, you can cut and move one or the other map types out of the "Rastermaps" file and the device will display whichever one is left in the Rastermaps file.

At present only one map type per location can be displayed. I am under the impression this is suppose to be rectified in the next firmware upgrade. For what it's worth, you can cut and move one or the other map types out of the "Rastermaps" file and the device will display whichever one is left in the Rastermaps file.

Thanks for they reply.

what are Rastermaps?

I just dropped my .at5 files onto the root of my GPS.

Thanks for they reply.

what are Rastermaps?

Rastermaps are scanned images of maps. Apparently the maps will work from the root but I believe the original MapSelect instructions directed one to save the maps in a folder named "Rastermaps".

Thanks for they reply.

what are Rastermaps?

Rastermaps are scanned images of maps. Apparently the maps will work from the root but I believe the original MapSelect instructions directed one to save the maps in a folder named "Rastermaps".

Good to know.

Is Mapselect the only place you can get maps for the Endura? Is there anyway to make you own?