Double log in Issues!

MtnLioness

Every time I log into Geocaching.com, the very next click to take me anywhere, I then have to re-log in, it is very frustrating and annoying and quite frankly, I am sick and tired of it.

Is there a solution?

Is there something wrong?

More importantly, is anyone else having this issue??

I am not now nor have I ever had this issue. Wish I had some ideas of things you might try beyond clearing out all of the cookies stored on your computer. Do you have this problem when you log on from other computers?

When I try from the Library computer it still happens and also from friends laptops!

The library is not a great place to make this comparison since they generally block cookies to prevent the next person from accessing your personal accounts.

Far from clearing cookies, you need to *enable* them so we can remember who you are from page to page. If you need help finding this setting you'll need to tell us which browser and version you are using (Help Menu -> About).

More importantly, is anyone else having this issue??

Yes. Just happened now.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Log into computer 1 and click remember me. Shut down the browser.

2) Log into computer 2.

3) Log out of computer 2.

4) Go back to geocaching.com on computer 1.

5) It no longer remembers me and first log in attempt takes me to a second log in screen.

Note: In step 4 I usually go to http://www.geocaching.com/my/ directly. Don't know if that matters.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Log into computer 1 and click remember me. Shut down the browser.

2) Log into computer 2.

3) Log out of computer 2.

4) Go back to geocaching.com on computer 1.

5) It no longer remembers me and first log in attempt takes me to a second log in screen.

Other than the second login screen you're seeing, this is the expected behavior. When you explicitly click "Log out", we invalidate all your sessions and log you out from everywhere. This is a security measure we put in place a long time ago to protect your account.

I did a quick test and didn't see the second login screen, but I'll keep trying to see if I can reproduce it.

:huh: Elias

I have IE8 and have had this problem for quite a while as well. I believe it has to do with my home page being "My Profile" page.

When GC has logged me out of the server because of GC server reboots or I have logged into another computer. My computer is setup to maintain cookies and keeps me logged in normally.

When I return, My IE8 "home page" is My Profile. In the upper right corner is a log in screen (where the icon to identify me is located and to click to go to my public profile). However when I log into that location and press enter. I get kicked to another log in screen (location of user name, ect) is now located on the left side of the screen and I have to do the process again.

I then get logged in correctly, but it is a frustration to not have the 1st log in screen accomplish the task.