Magellan eXplorist GC

Scaber

I currently have a Garmin Vista HCX. After a day of caching when I go home to log my finds I go to the calender icon on my GPSr and it will display all my found caches (opened treasure boxes) by the day that I found them.

How does the new Magellan GC show your found caches? Will it sort by found caches? Can you view caches by the date you found them? I have read differing reports of this. On a long road trip it will be important to view caches that I have found by date so I can log them correctly. How does the GC accomplish this? Thank you for your input.

If you marked them as found on you GC you can filter your geocaches to show only found caches. If you click on a found cache scroll down past hints, attributes, and the rest to "history" it will show the date and time you marked the cache found and the amount of time to find it. Time to find seems to be the elapse time from when you first click go to until you click found.

One thing about found caches. It doesn't read the found status in any GPX files that you bring into the GPSr. So, if you have a Pocket Query of say 800 caches you've found & you send that to the GPSr, they won't show up as found. The only way the GPSr shows a cache as found, is if the cache is marked found in the GPSr. Hope this makes sense.

I like to keep my found caches in the GPSr so if I'm caching with friends, I can still play along, even if I've found the cache. But normally I don't want the found caches in my list. So, the above causes me some problems.

I have a workaround if anybody is interested.

I like to keep my found caches in the GPSr so if I'm caching with friends, I can still play along, even if I've found the cache. But normally I don't want the found caches in my list. So, the above causes me some problems.

I have a workaround if anybody is interested.

(Raises hand)

I'm interested for the same reason you mentioned.

Edit to add: This MAY be fixed (in a way) with the next release. I've asked that they add the ability to select which GPX files to show from a checklist. So you could load your MY FINDS PQ along with other PQs and then check which files you want shown. I didn't think through marking these as found so we'll see how it goes and if it makes the release.

Edited by Kealia