Explorist 210

I'm holding a team building retreat for some staff where I work. The event will center around Geocaching and I have done this before but had access to a set of eTrex H units.

My question is for all you guru's out there that have experience with the Magellan Explorist 210.

How is reception on this unit? The location where the event will be held is stereotypical geocaching lands (woodland trails with some open area, deciduous trees with some hills and elevations that will create normal occlusions of the sky).

Should I expect normal or acceptable reception with the Explorist 210 in these conditions? If not I may have to try to make other arrangements. I haven't gotten the units on loan yet and don't think I'll have access to the eTrex H units again.

Any feedback greatly appreciated as I continue to plan for this fun event!

Kind of an antique, but good enough in its day with 14 channels, 2 dedicated to WAAS. It probably picks up #51 WAAS better than an Oregon! One downside for normal use is that it is limited to 200 caches - but that should pose no problem for your project.

You can use GSAK to load them up - don't forget to find a cable or two.

Kind of an antique, but good enough in its day with 14 channels, 2 dedicated to WAAS. It probably picks up #51 WAAS better than an Oregon! One downside for normal use is that it is limited to 200 caches - but that should pose no problem for your project.

Thanks - I'm hoping they perform better than my old eTrex Legend (aka, ole Blue). The Legend gets pretty difficult to use in heavy tree cover.

I think I'll have them to play with on Monday if things work out. Supposed to be a bunch of cables to streamline loading the caches. I'll only be adding 12 or15 hides ot the uint for this special event.

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks - I'm hoping they perform better than my old eTrex Legend (aka, ole Blue). The Legend gets pretty difficult to use in heavy tree cover.

I think I'll have them to play with on Monday if things work out. Supposed to be a bunch of cables to streamline loading the caches. I'll only be adding 12 or15 hides ot the uint for this special event.

Thanks for the tips!

Dont worry it will beat the legend even my old maggy gold would beat a legend, I know I had one for awhile