GSAK and the new Explorist GC

DorkX2

Has anyone been able to export from GSAK to the new Explorist GC? I have tried several ways to export it because the GPSr is not listed in the program but cannot get it to work. Has anyone else had this issue and what have you done to resolve?

Thanks!

I had the same problem. I'd download 500 caches as a GPX Export created in GSAK. Only 17 would display in the GPSr. I never could get it to work.

If you download the lastest Build of GSAK (it's in the forum, not the web site), there's a choice to download to Explorist GC. Plug in your GPS & download directly to the GPSr. Works great.

I have a file of my found caches to use when out caching with friends. When I put that file in with the "unfound caches" they all show up together in one list. So, I thought I could filter out the finds. Doesn't work. The Explorist GC doesn't recognize the found status in the GPX file. If you mark the cache as found in the GPSr it will be recognized.

As the GSAK forums say, you will need to upgrade to the latest version and build. And make sure you upgrade to GPX 1.0.1 for the attributes to be sent to your devise. I've upgraded and had no problems one I switched to GPX 1.0.1. Does take awhile to grab the pictures if you choose that option and the caches have lot of pictures in it's gallery.