Garmin Oregon 200 - any good?

I am thinking about getting a Garmin Oregon 200 for geocaching. Any advice out there? Does anybody have one? Basically I am looking to get a unit for under $300. Have geocached before using a car GPS...painful. Advice greatly appreciated!

I would suggest the Oregon 450 instead of the 200. The 450 can be bought for around $290 after the Garmin $50 rebate. The 450 can do a lot of things that the 200 can't; compare the 2 on Garmin's site. Plus the 450 screen is suppose to be a little easier to view in some situations.

The 450 will have ... the ability to hold 5,000 geocaches.

This is up for question.

At this time, it does appear that the 450 holds 2000 and only the 550 holds 5000. This is not absolute fact and there is discussion in another thread with testing going on to determine and resolve this question.

Queries to Garmin have yielded conflicting answers and it appears that some of the WIKI pages are guessing that the 450 is the same as the 550.

The most official answer from Garmin so far appears to be 2000, but it was from a person that was obviously not familiar with geocaching and there is speculation that he could be confusing geocaches (since they get special treatment) with waypoints.

I'm also considering a 450, and currently own a 400t, and this is a deciding factor for me.

The 450 will have ... the ability to hold 5,000 geocaches.

This is up for question.

At this time, it does appear that the 450 holds 2000 and only the 550 holds 5000. This is not absolute fact and there is discussion in another thread with testing going on to determine and resolve this question.

Queries to Garmin have yielded conflicting answers and it appears that some of the WIKI pages are guessing that the 450 is the same as the 550.

The most official answer from Garmin so far appears to be 2000, but it was from a person that was obviously not familiar with geocaching and there is speculation that he could be confusing geocaches (since they get special treatment) with waypoints.

I'm also considering a 450, and currently own a 400t, and this is a deciding factor for me.

It is 5000, I tested it yesterday