Unactivated TB in a cache

rockymtn8iv

The first thing is to verify you are entering in the tracking code correctly. Check for 0 vs O, 1 vs l, 8 vs B, 5 vs S, etc.

Can you tell me what cache you found it in? Was there any tag attached maybe giving the bug name? Thanks.

Edited by BlueDeuce

The first thing is to verify you are entering in the tracking code correctly. Check for 0 vs O, 1 vs l, 8 vs B, 5 vs S, etc.

Can you tell me what cache you found it in? Was there any tag attached maybe giving the bug name? Thanks.

We do know about O's and 0's, B's and 8's, QDS's and GC5's.

The tracking number is pretty straight forward without any of the above numbers/Letters.

Mrs. rockymtn8iv (who has better eyes) confirmed the numbers.

We got it out of GC24VW6.

We're figuring a newbie placed it without activating it.

We've contacted the most recent finder on the cache, relatively new cachers, and are waiting to hear back from them.

We do know about O's and 0's, B's and 8's, QDS's and GC5's.

The tracking number is pretty straight forward without any of the above numbers/Letters.

Mrs. rockymtn8iv (who has better eyes) confirmed the numbers.

We got it out of GC24VW6.

We're figuring a newbie placed it without activating it.

We've contacted the most recent finder on the cache, relatively new cachers, and are waiting to hear back from them.

Okay, I still had to ask. Start simple and start at the beginning is my method.

Let me poke around and see if I can add anything to the effort.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Not finding much either. Hopefully contacting that newbie will turn something up.

If you don't hear anything after a few days you can send an email to contact@geocaching.com to get the activation code. Include the tracking number and use the subject line - Travel Bug Activation.

If the original owner pops out of the woodwork you can adopt it back over to them.

Not finding much either. Hopefully contacting that newbie will turn something up.

If you don't hear anything after a few days you can send an email to contact@geocaching.com to get the activation code. Include the tracking number and use the subject line - Travel Bug Activation.

If the original owner pops out of the woodwork you can adopt it back over to them.

Well we just heard back from them and no luck there either.

We'll keep trying. If that doesn't work, we'll take your advice and see if we can get 'er activated and movin'.

Otherwise, we could attache another bug to it and call it an unactivated TB.

Everyone wants to discover one of those. :laughing:

Will let ya know.

Thanx 4 The Help.

I found one like that in my own TB Hotel. After checking with the person who dropped it, I couldn't find the owner so I activated it myself and sent it on its way. The next person to move it, dropped it into a cache that matched my goal and it was never seen again!!!!! Easy come, easy go...............