Where does my Pocket Query go to?

BagaAzul

Hi everyone,

just got premium membership and I'm trying to work with pocket queries. I select all the options I want and I get a result with some caches, but where does the GPX file that I need to stuck in my GPS go to? Sometimes I get it in my email, many times I don't.

Thanks.

PS: It's not in the spam box, and I suppose it's not too big either...

Hi everyone,

just got premium membership and I'm trying to work with pocket queries. I select all the options I want and I get a result with some caches, but where does the GPX file that I need to stuck in my GPS go to? Sometimes I get it in my email, many times I don't.

Thanks.

Reading, re-reading, then re-re-reading the question -- I must throw up a possibility.

Are you sure that you are not running a "My Finds" query instead of a "Pocket Query"?

The "Add to Queue" button sometimes confuses people when starting out building PQs.

That button does not generate a PQ, but rather a search of caches that you have already found (only).

If you have not found any since last running it, it will not return any usable files.

That query can be ran only once every 7 days, activating that button prior to 7 days generates nothing at all!

I offer this because of your statement: "Sometimes I get it in my email, many times I don't."

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

I suppose that since you say that sometimes you get a result you know this. I think that by default, the results of a PQ are sent as a zip file, not a gpx file.

I have Gmail and I selected "Day to Run". I'm also running a "pocket query", not a "my finds".

Weird, I still get some of the results in the email and others not... And I'm doing the same everytime (I think)...

Thanks everyone.

Just another if...

Once you submit, click the 'preview the search' option. You can set up a valid PQ that will return no results and therefore you won't receive an email. Results in preview will verify you have the settings correct.

('preview the search' shouldn't that be review?)

You're ahead of me. I'm trying to open a Pocket Query. Where do I start? I read a tutorial which said there were

a "list of options along the right hand side." I see none.

If you are a premium member, scroll down on the right or do a search for pocket. You will see it on the right hand side under premium member options from the "my profile" page.

You're ahead of me. I'm trying to open a Pocket Query. Where do I start? I read a tutorial which said there were

a "list of options along the right hand side." I see none.

Open it??? To do what??

It is an xml file with tags and data - really not very friendly reading.

GSAK and several other programs 'open' it in a more friendly format. If you are trying to get the data on your GPS unit - the answer is - it depends on the model and brand.

I have run the My Finds Query twice and twice it showed up as a zip file in my gmail account. I ran it a third time (ten days apart each time). This time it didn't appear. It says it ran and I can't run it for another week. It didn't make it to the inbox, the trash or the spam.

Any suggestions where to look? I would like to figure out what I did wrong before running it again next week.

I have run the My Finds Query twice and twice it showed up as a zip file in my gmail account. I ran it a third time (ten days apart each time). This time it didn't appear. It says it ran and I can't run it for another week. It didn't make it to the inbox, the trash or the spam.

Any suggestions where to look? I would like to figure out what I did wrong before running it again next week.

The most recent updates to the site made it so the my finds PQ doesn't get emailed anymore. You have to go to the Pocket Query Page, and towards the top it will have a download button.