Found unregistered Geocoin

dkoomans

assuming by "not registered" you mean not activated, you wouldn't see it in the inventory of other caches so you wouldn't know where they were unless you visited those caches and seen it in person

there is no way for us to figure out what is going on, since the only way to do it is with the number from the coin itself and you should never post that anywhere public

your best bet is to contact Eartha, the Geocoin section moderator, and she will be able to help you

Edited by t4e

Let's be clear. If you found an unactivated geocoin in a cache, it was left there as SWAG, and you should trade for it accordingly.

The coin is yours to keep, activate or trade; or to do with what you wish. If there is an insert card with the coin, it should have activation code information on it. If not, you can post a picture of the coin, or if you know what kind of coin it is, post the name of the coin - to try to retrieve the activation code (should you want to activate it). If you choose to post a photo of the coin, please block out the tracking number so others cannot discover or activate your new coin.

Congrats on your find.

~J

Hey GeocoinGuy, to clear up what I mean, the coin is not activated, there was no insert card with the coin or activation code information on it. Here it is... I would like to activate it but am not sure how or if it's possible.

IMG_3725.jpg

Edited by dkoomans

I know I am new and could be wrong, but by looking at that photo it doesn't look like a geocoin. From what I can see in that photo it looks like a pathtag?? Again I could be wrong and someone else may chime in.

But you are not wrong ;)

All informations are here: http://www.pathtags.com/

Pathtags are custom interactive trading items. Used most often in Geocaching, they are also used in Scouting, Military and Promotional use. Customers submit a design which is produced into a high quality metal tag - the Pathtag. They exchange them with others, give them to people they meet, or leave them behind where they have been to be found. Finders log them online and the owner can see who they have "Crossed Paths With". Pathtags.com provides a gallery of designs, trade-by-mail tools, and a collection management interface. There are over 7137 unique designs to collect and trade for with people all over the world.

;)

TreasureKid's and Dark Elf, you're absolutely right, it's a pathtag!! Looked at the pathtag site you posted and logged it in. It's been all over the US and Canada as well as the UK and even India! Glad I took the time to find out before putting it in another cache like the people before me and not knowing what it was.

Thanks for the info

Edited by dkoomans