Greetings Everyone

Noj75

Greetings all,

Very new to geocaching but absolutely loving taking my kids out so far. We have only been to 2 caches at the moment but once we had done those, I was back here and paying for my membership.

My kids had a great time when I eventually got them out (they were in their rooms trawling everything they owned to leave at the cache!!). If I am perfectly honest, I completely enjoyed myself also.

I am currently based in Surrey. Trying to get to grips with the geocache abbreviations at the moment. So far I have figured out that TFTC must mean "Thanks for the cache", hope I am right there. Any more pointers on these would be appreciated.

Looking forward to my time on here with all you good people and my time geocaching.

Kind regards

Jon

Hi Jon

If you are going over towards Windsor try the 'A Right Royal Cache' series GC1NEKT is the first of them. Various sizes of clip lok boxes for the kids to find and all away from the roads.

Thanks very much Dr, will go and look that up. I have, as yet, got loads to get through within just 3 miles of my current location but the beauty of this is, is that there are geeocaches wherever you are. Cant believe I didnt start doing this years ago.

thay look good, roughly how long is the walk as im 6 months pregnant so can only manage a few miles.

lmn

Walk is a little over 2 miles and all flat, only one that might cause you a problem is #4 but if you have somebody with you it should be easy due to the nice bright dry spell we have had. {think there might just be a hint in there} :)

thay look good, roughly how long is the walk as im 6 months pregnant so can only manage a few miles.

lmn

Walk is a little over 2 miles and all flat, only one that might cause you a problem is #4 but if you have somebody with you it should be easy due to the nice bright dry spell we have had. {think there might just be a hint in there} :)

thanks ill give them ago on sat

lmn

Welcome to your new addiction.

We've just had half the winter off due to work pressures and what have you and now we are back on the hunt, we feel new again!! Making all the daft mistakes we did when we first began :)

We are up in the Midlands so nowhere near Surrey. Have a great time caching, as you've probably noticed by now, that premium membership is well worth the pennies.