Worlds most hazardous muggle arrested.

brslk

Sorry. I combined thread titles.

My mother and I just got a cache placement approved.

She is more excited than I.

I was just wondering how many of you cache with family or other people that don`t cache (and complain about doing so) that actually enjoy it and like it?

You see... I cache while working and sometimes I take my mother out with me.. she pretends she doesn't like to geocache but she does....

It was confirmed to me tonight when I got a cache placement approved by my local reviewer and told her about it.

She asked me what I was gonna hide for the FTF...

I asked her to donate something she made by hand.. people (like me) love that stuff.

So that is what will be done.

Sorry... Just had to rant.. I adore my mother and love it that I have turned her into a cacher by proxie.

I was just wondering how many of you cache with family or other people that don`t cache (and complain about doing so) that actually enjoy it and like it?

You see... I cache while working and sometimes I take my mother out with me.. she pretends she doesn't like to geocache but she does....

It was confirmed to me tonight when I got a cache placement approved by my local reviewer and told her about it.

I asked her to donate something she made by hand.. people (like me) love that stuff.

Sorry... Just had to rant.. I adore my mother and love it that I have turned her into a cacher by proxie.

Wait a second...

You live with your mother??

On topic. My ex would have pretended to hate geocaching. My ex would have loved geocaching.

Wait a second...

On topic. My ex would have pretended to hate geocaching. My ex would have loved geocaching.

I lived with my Mother till the grand old age of 15. I couldn't wait to get away from her when I was young and foolish.

I now live about 3 blocks away and wish I lived closer... she tends to follow me as I pay her rent...

I adore my mother.

Wait a second...

Is there something wrong with that? (even though the OP already answered, I'm curious.) :D

My Mom recently came to live with me and my little family..... She's 86 and has C.O.P.D. My 2yo son thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Maybe that makes me some sorta loser or sumthin' for livin' with my mother. :)

Wait a second...

Is there something wrong with that? (even though the OP already answered, I'm curious.) :D

My Mom recently came to live with me and my little family..... She's 86 and has C.O.P.D. My 2yo son thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Maybe that makes me some sorta loser or sumthin' for livin' with my mother. :)

I love my mom, but the wife and I have been making the statement for years that once our respective parents get to a certain age, they go to live with the eldest daughter in each family. Obviously, not me and not my wife, but her older sister.

I had a beagle named Mike, but he never read the Silmarillion.

Oops, sorry, combined thread replies.

My mother has made it perfectly clear that when the time comes, she wants us kids to put her in a home. And not one of our homes. She knows us too well. But I expect she'll outlast all of us. Not that this has anything to do with geocaching. I'm just disappointed that the world's most hazardous muggle hasn't really been arrested. He or she is still out there, on the loose, being hazardous.

I cache with my 11 year old son most of the time. My 6 year old daughter is forced to tag along. Sometimes she likes it (like when she finds it) but more often than not, it's 'boring'. I think it's a wonderful family activity.

Wait a second...

Is there something wrong with that? (even though the OP already answered, I'm curious.) ;)

Maybe that makes me some sorta loser or sumthin' for livin' with my mother. ;)

Hey, I'm still surprised that you humans even have mothers.

Hmmm...my mother called me yesterday. It went like this:

Mother: Are you home?

Me: Uhhh...no

Mothers: Where are you?

Me: Uh....I'm at this monument thingy, it's got replica cannons and stuff and some really cool war history and memorial stuff

Mother: Oh. Um.....what are you doing there? (was buff, I am NOT)

Me: Well...I went to the store. But I figured I'd stop and see if I could find this geocache on the way home.

Mother: Oh boy. Call me later.

Along with various ex's, my mother can be added to the "doesn't get it" list. She thinks I'm crazy. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree though, right? :o

So did you mother handcraft something to put in the cache?

I wish I lived closer to my mother (and dad). I have to drive 6 hours to see them.

Yes she did.

My mother almost died last year and it was a real eye opener for me.

I never was much of a mamas boy but always loved my mother.

Her almost dying made me think of how much life would be different without

her in my life. It would not be something I would enjoy.

I now try to spend more time with her.

I am have much more patience with her than before.

I even hid a cache with her and listed her as the co-hider.

GC274KT

I had the good fortune of good parents. We could and did talk about anything. Some of our conversations while camping or fishing could get pretty deep. My Dad was a doctor and knew well what the various chemicals for treating cancer did to a person, and swore he would never undergo chemotherapy. So not long after their 52nd anniversary he comes up with cancer. And embarks on chemotherapy. I visited him in the hospital the night before he started taking it and asked him why the change of mind. He said:

"Eddie, I will do anything I have to do for one more day with your Mother."

Wow.

They're both gone now but there isn't a day goes by that I don't miss them. :o

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

It's nice that you all like your mothers. Not all mothers are created equal.

My mother will likely pass away without ever seeing my face again even if she lives to be 100.

That`s unfortunate. Would you like to borrow my mother?

Fathers are another issue entirely but I had no use for my father while he was alive and do not mourn his death.

We all have issues.

My mother will likely pass away without ever seeing my face again even if she lives to be 100.

Fathers are another issue entirely but I had no use for my father while he was alive and do not mourn his death.

We all have issues.

Nah, I don't need to borrow a mom. I'm doing good without one. Saved a ton of money in the last couple decades by not buying gifts for Mother's day. W00T!

We all have issues.

Nah, I don't need to borrow a mom. I'm doing good without one. Saved a ton of money in the last couple decades by not buying gifts for Mother's day. W00T!

Ditto for fathers day ^5