The Carpe Diem Mystery Coin

IBcrashen

Set out early this morning for an eagerly awaited trekking/caching trip only to find it had to be cancelled....returning home somewhat dejected and dissapointed I checked the mailbox and saw a golden mailer....could it possibly be the one mystery coin I yearned after above all others. YES!!!! Carpe Diem 130.....I could have cried....such a beautiful and elegant coin. I have been living my life by those very words ever since the love of my life was taken 11 years ago.....although a reminder is always welcome.I will never part with this coin(or any other mysterys I've personally received) till the day I die, and then they will be passed onto my son, himself an avid cacher and budding coiner.

Thank you mystery giver whoever you are.....you have warmed my heart :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I didn't know this thread was here...

I received this coin about three weeks ago. I had been expecting a few coins in the mail, but something seemed odd about this particular mailer. Having never received a mystery coin before, I didn't know what to expect when I opened the package.

I was stoked! I'd never seen one of these before, so I knew nothing about it, except that I really liked it. Thanks a lot, mystery mailer. You really made my month of February.

Well, on the 21st of January I got a package, send from me to myself and it was a golden envelope! I read enough in the forum to know: this could be a CARPE DIEM MYSTERY COIN. Oh man. I was so excited, so happy. It was my first mystery coin ever. Immediately I wanted to open the mailer but then I noticed that it has already been opened and nothing was inside!!!! I can't describe how I felt: sooo happy, proud and honored that there was a mystery coiner who had sent me his coin and at the same time soooo sad that it did not make it to my hands!!

I contacted Tempus Fragilis and asked him if he sent me a coin and if yes I wanted to thank him for his generosity and told him the hole story. He replied that he will send me another coin. Wow, I didn't expect that at all. Since then I waited for the post man every day. Oh man it took so long and I really worried but finally I got the package today. YAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!

I love that coin so much!!! I always loved the slogan CARPE DIEM and there is so much powerful symbolism in that coin – awesome.

I took a picture of the coin with a candle because it is also a symbol of fragility.

I can't stop smiling at the coin :-))).

Thank you Tempus Fragilis, thank you sooo much!

carpediembr5y2k8n4c.jpg

I've never received a mystery coin! This is the very first one and I'm absolutely delighted about this awesome carpe diem coin :-) thanks so much, dear secret coinfriend! I'll keep them as a very special item in my private collection :)

dscf1132c2058dmpe1.jpg

Claudia aka Sepp & Berta

www.mygeocoin.de

Edited by Sepp & Berta

What? A golden envelope? For me? From me? I didn't know I had that much style... Oh, it's a Carpe Diem coin!!! 36_1_33.gif36_1_33.gif36_1_33.gif

5f6efe8e-2783-4fb2-a4ac-425a0b6315e4.jpg

I think it was the first mystery coin that I read about, and it is the first I ever received! (I do love my Andy the Squirrel that I got from a very generous mystery giver, but Andy isn't a real mystery coin.)

THANK YOU, mystery coiner! :wub:

Edited by mamoreb

What? A golden envelope? For me? From me? I didn't know I had that much style... Oh, it's a Carpe Diem coin!!! 36_1_33.gif36_1_33.gif36_1_33.gif

I think it was the first mystery coin that I read about, and it is the first I ever received! (I do love my Andy the Squirrel that I got from a very generous mystery giver, but Andy isn't a real mystery coin.)

WOW!!! Congrats Marie!!!! :D You deserve such a great coin my friend!!! Mystery coiners are so great!!! :D

Is that a new finish? It looks like it is antique silver.

I _confuzzled__by_nillemotes.gifumStunned_by_ApocalipticFaint.gif urr Shocked_by_MixedMilkChOcOlate.gifummm confused_by_forgotten5252.gifOK, this always happens to someone else. NOT TO ME!!

Today I came home from work and saw that a box of wine and a gold padded mailer were delivered today. Great, my wine is finally here. Wait a sec, I havent ordered any coins.Huh__by_Emotikonz.gif And ITS A GOLD PADDED MAILER. Whats going on?

I somehow managed to open the package without cutting any of my fingers off and a card that says Fragilis Est Vita, Caduem Est Tempus, Carp Diem!! Life is Fragile, Time is Fleeting, Seize the day!! and an envelope with this inside ( I see some of my cat`s fur made into the second picture...ugh).

a9c38e8d-690f-4674-98cd-afae844d509b.jpg

e9a4c7eb-24c1-40aa-b373-7358c7937761.jpg

The first picture is not even close to showing howstunning looking it is. And now I notice the picture has my "Life goes Fast, Have a Blast' sticker on my monitor stand in the background. HAS THE COIN SENDER BEEN IN MY ROOM???

Seriously What, Why, Who, is responsible for sending me this coin and honoring me to show it to the community first. I don`t have a clue why I was chosen. I`m still sitting here speechless and there isn`t room for all the smiley emicons to show what I am feeling now. Nor is there room for all the THANK YOU`s I want to say.

Got home from work the other day and grabbed a stack of mail from the box only to leave it untouched. Our poor little Paws was running a fever and everything else went out the window for a bit. He's been home sick for a few days and I've just returned to the office today with "my half" of the mail and to my surprise there's a padded envelope in this heap!!! From me!!! Oooooh, it's shiny!!! Work just had to be put on hold for a few more moments as I tear into this package. To my shock, there's a Carpe Diem coin in there and it's amazing :D The really unusual thing about this beautiful coin is that I've seen a couple in collections recently, but never had one out of it's package to really give it the inspection needed to enjoy all the detail. It's deceptive in it's straightforward appearance and upon closer inspection it has a ton of detail, but even more interesting is the way the trans enamel changes appearance as it reaches the center of the coin. Truly beautiful and truly amazing that someone should go to such effort to give it away. You are a generous soul and have our respect in so many ways. This coin appeared at a time when I needed the reminder in a tangible way. I've been trying harder to make those moments count and to make a greater effort to take the time out for my family and myself. This seems like an amazingly timely reward for doing just that. Thank you. Thank you for taking the time for all of us! :)

So I was in the bathroom shaving my head and my son walks in with a golden padded mailer. He says "here dad, you got mail." I looked at it for a second before it hit me. OMG I think it's a mystery coin. I know I didn't mailo myself this gold. I stopped mid shave and stared at it for a minute before I opened it. Once I had it open I knew exactly what it was...CARPE DIEM. I pondered who could have sent this to me, but That is what makes recieving a mystery coin so great. I am amazed at the giving spirit of this forum. Thank you Thank you Thank you who ever you are mystery giver. You completely made my whole week.

CARPE DIEM...

680baf42-a669-4043-a9ed-a93a417bd0de.jpg

Geowoodstock was an amazing trip for me. First...life's been a little difficult lately and I didn't think I'd be able to go. Then my awesome fellow cacher/coiner Aimee said that she and her husband wanted to go and we decided to make the trip together. Best decision ever!!

I met so many wonderful people and witnessed so many acts of kindness, respect and consideration that it soothed my soul.

I saw Chris Mackey and his family. They parked right next to my car at the motel and I was so star struck that I wasn't able to say hello! :P I met YemonYime, and TMA and Mike from Cache Addict. I met drneal and all the forum friends that were there that night at his weenie/marshmallow roast. I met so many names that I know...and I was thrilled to see you all.

I saw the most amazing collections of coins at the midnight madness event and traded with people I never thought I'd meet. I saw all 4 versions of moun10bike's coins and a real life Eartha coin!

THEN!!!....when I got back to the motel and dumped out my treasures, look what I found!

carpe.jpg

Thank you mystery giver. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :wub::wub:

Geowoodstock was an amazing trip for me. First...life's been a little difficult lately and I didn't think I'd be able to go. Then my awesome fellow cacher/coiner Aimee said that she and her husband wanted to go and we decided to make the trip together. Best decision ever!!

I met so many wonderful people and witnessed so many acts of kindness, respect and consideration that it soothed my soul.

I saw Chris Mackey and his family. They parked right next to my car at the motel and I was so star struck that I wasn't able to say hello! :P I met YemonYime, and TMA and Mike from Cache Addict. I met drneal and all the forum friends that were there that night at his weenie/marshmallow roast. I met so many names that I know...and I was thrilled to see you all.

I saw the most amazing collections of coins at the midnight madness event and traded with people I never thought I'd meet. I saw all 4 versions of moun10bike's coins and a real life Eartha coin!

THEN!!!....when I got back to the motel and dumped out my treasures, look what I found!

carpe.jpg

Thank you mystery giver. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :wub::wub:

Only one word came to mind when I saw this ... AWSOME :D and thanks for the trade and pictures

i was lucky enough to get to see one of these coins at the midnight event at gw

this is a beautiful coin the owner was lucky enough to have 2 of them it was beautiful

but i didnt have enough trades with me to get this one. maybe oneday

awesome looking coin

WOW! Was sorting out all the coins we picked up at GWIX and the Midnight Madness event, and lo and behold, spied a Carpe Diem Mystery Coin in the pile! Am stunned and humbled and very thankful to the mystery giver! Thank you thank you thank you!! :wub::wub::wub:

Congrats. It is a beauty. I got mine in a sweet golden mailer. one of my faves.

This coin somehow made it's way to us at a terribly appropriate time. We are striving to make the most of each day and this coin will remind us. I'll put it where we'll see it every day and treasure it.

Thank you!

May your kindness and generosity return to you 100-fold.