The Carpe Diem Mystery Coin

IBcrashen

SO COOL! May it never get lost or stolen, or death shall befall the perpetrator! If I ever found that coin I'd definitely post it on http://thebestgeocoins.tumblr.com/ so I could share it with more and more people before sending it on its merry way.

generally speaking, mystery coins do not have tracking numbers and are not necessarily meant to be travelers. they are for the receiver of the coin to keep in their collection, or perhaps gift to someone else. mystery coins are gifts from the mystery person to whomever they send it to or to whomever find it in a cache.

Wishing all recipients a congrats ... dropped in to check on things and saw I never posted my pics!!! :D I have some cute ones with my daughter unveiling my #007 Carpe Diem from its mysterious mailer. Ill dig em up :P Thanks again and for all that you've done to Carpe Cache ;)

we want to see pictures! and you got a #007 - how very cool!

3118bfed-d73d-45ff-b979-9be5a0a616fc.jpg

Oh, I would just LOVE to see this fine.....ummmmm......Gentleman find his way to Abilene, TX!! He would be MOST welcome at our Geocoin Event next month!!!

Got home today from a LONG day at work, and Therapy on my shoulder. Was just tired!

I'm NOT tired now!!!!

CARPE DIEM #098 IS GOING TO OUR GEOCOIN EVENT NEXT MONTH!!!!

I can't believe he found his way to Abilene, TX, but I sure am glad that he did. He's going to have a blast at the EVENT!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...0d-432915cc1485

I received Carpe Diem #88 today...

I really want to know how you knew to send this to me Tempus Fragilis...and do you really know how fragile the time we have on this earth is?

I have been feeling down lately, being a world away from your family when it comes to the holiday season is really hard to deal with. But I try to make it extra special for my little family that I have with me...because I am lucky to have them.

I received news Saturday that made me really stop and think about how life is fragile and that being here on this earth, wherever you are is precious and a privilege.

My young beautiful, vibrant cousin who was just married on Thanksgiving (10-10-10 in Canada) was killed driving to work by a drunk driver on Nov. 18. Andrea was a special gift to her mother, born six months after her father passed away in a sailing accident. My Aunt has had more than her share of sorrow in her life, yet she is the kindest most caring person you'll ever meet. She knows how fragile life is.

I don't want to turn this into a pity party but I really want to use this opportunity to let everyone know that in this holiday season (and anytime of the year), it is not ok to drink and drive. I don't care if you've had one or twenty...DON'T get behind the wheel and endanger your life or the lives of people who are loved to others.

Tempus Fragilis thank you for the coin, and honestly I don't know how it found the way here at such an appropriate time but it did and I'm forever grateful.

Here is a link for those of you who are interested:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/you...-109453629.html

Edited by gardengorilla

I really want to know how you knew to send this to me Tempus Fragilis...and do you really know how fragile the time we have on this earth is?

I have been feeling down lately, being a world away from your family when it comes to the holiday season is really hard to deal with. But I try to make it extra special for my little family that I have with me...because I am lucky to have them.

I received news Saturday that made me really stop and think about how life is fragile and that being here on this earth, wherever you are is precious and a privilege.

My young beautiful, vibrant cousin who was just married on Thanksgiving (10-10-10 in Canada) was killed driving to work by a drunk driver on Nov. 18. Andrea was a special gift to her mother, born six months after her father passed away in a sailing accident. My Aunt has had more than her share of sorrow in her life, yet she is the kindest most caring person you'll ever meet. She knows how fragile life is.

I don't want to turn this into a pity party but I really want to use this opportunity to let everyone know that in this holiday season (and anytime of the year), it is not ok to drink and drive. I don't care if you've had one or twenty...DON'T get behind the wheel and endanger your life or the lives of people who are loved to others.

Tempus Fragilis thank you for the coin, and honestly I don't know how it found the way here at such an appropriate time but it did and I'm forever grateful.

I am sorry for your sorrow and loss, the timing and message of this coin is not lost. Today I will be using the article from the Free Press to drive home a very severe message “Drinking and Driving is not Acceptable” in every department at work. Hopefully the message gets through and we gain from this loss.

Take care

e-mail sent

ILYK

Oh my.... ;)

My deepest condolences my friend!! I am so sorry!! :D she looked so happy in the photo!!! She was such a beautiful bride!!! huh!!! ;)

This brought something in my mind... but I will not mention it here... I can say only this...

sometimes these murderers do not get punished at all!!! :unsure: I know.... B)

Edited by GATOULIS

Congratulations to all the extremely lucky recipients!

I just can't stop admiring this coins! The design, in my opinion and in my taste, is perfect! I love every detail of it that gives it the mysterious and almost ancient feel.

Thank you to the mystery giver for giving some people a feeling of happiness and others the feeling of awe! :unsure:

Hear, hear! Very well said! I'd love to see one of these in person some day.

I am sorry for your sorrow and loss, the timing and message of this coin is not lost. Today I will be using the article from the Free Press to drive home a very severe message "Drinking and Driving is not Acceptable" in every department at work. Hopefully the message gets through and we gain from this loss.

Take care

Thanks Ted, everything and anything to get that message across especially in this season.

Thanks for the email drneal

and GATOULIS.... I hope and pray he gets his just punishment. He's 22 he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life as well.

I may start doing a tag line like drneal does after his posts...if I can figure out how to automatically attach it like he does.

I am sorry for your sorrow and loss, the timing and message of this coin is not lost. Today I will be using the article from the Free Press to drive home a very severe message "Drinking and Driving is not Acceptable" in every department at work. Hopefully the message gets through and we gain from this loss.

Take care

Thanks Ted, everything and anything to get that message across especially in this season.

Thanks for the email drneal

and GATOULIS.... I hope and pray he gets his just punishment. He's 22 he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life as well.

I may start doing a tag line like drneal does after his posts...if I can figure out how to automatically attach it like he does.

Trust me my friend... I really hope that he will pay, too!!!

Unfortunatelly in my story.... things were not like that.....

and... I didn't know the victims... I knew the murderers!! :unsure: we were in the same team... not my friends

Drinking and driving is not good! most of the times... someone pays the bill... but many times... the dead is an innocent person! ;)

Hello from France,

when I first saw this mystery Coin I was astonished about the depth effect. Never seen such a coin here in europe. The coin brought me back to the time as a corporate student in germany where the motto "Carpe diem" was lived every day.

If there would be a chance to conquer our continent here I would give you my soul and a unforgettable night in a french wine cellar. :) promised

and the spark of hope will illuminate the whole community of geocachers here in france.

Gourmande

gardengorilla

i am so sorry for your loss. and i do understand what your goin through.

and i have been on the other side also as my mom was a drunk driver and a lady in nashville lost her life.

i was only about 11 or 12 when it happnened but i still remember every detail.

the one part that i never got over was how the womans husband and son (that were in the car with her) were at the hospital twice a day everyday for over 3 months while MY mom was in there and they would just sit beside her bed and pray for her.

i never understood how they were able or would even want to do that for her when she had taken his wife and the sons mom.

but as they told me when i asked them thats the type of person his wife was and he was trying to continue life the same way she would have.

now im not saying that i could be as good of a person as they were if put in that spot but i do try at times

and i learned alot from that family which at times i still talk to...

and i hope to be the type of people they are.......

Edited by mlrs1996

A bit of a delay in posting as I wanted to add my picture to the ever growing gallery and it took longer than expected to get time to snap some. :D

Thank you so much to the kind person that saw me fit to receive something that they have taken their time and money to produce. I could never hope to

repay you for your generosity (look out if I do work out who you are :D ) so I shall continue to run a cointest now and then giving back what I can. :laughing:

#14 is now residing in Perth Australia

Thanks once again

263289d7-9c86-4c29-88cb-3d5b4d70470b.jpg

Like many of you, the holiday season is a time of great joy, but it is also a very busy time of the year. For the past week, I have had my son check my mail and put it into a bag until I could get to it-and yes, I have been that busy.

Late last night, I finally went through my mail and was shocked to discover that infamous gold bubbler with no postmark! Inside was that beautiful Fragilis Est Vita, Caducem Est Tempus-Carpe Diem! Coin. I could hardly believe my eyes! I knew about this coin from the forums, but it had been a while since I saw the posts on it. I didn’t even know there were more of these coins left to be given out. I never thought I would be lucky enough to be the recipient of this wonderful coin and card.

I love the meaning of this coin and as I have gotten older, I truly take this meaning to heart. And just so you know, mystery coin giver, I have not got a clue where this coin comes from. Thank you ever so much for including me on your list. I humbly accept this wonderful gift of coin #11. Words cannot express my appreciation of your generosity. Wishing you wonderful things in your life now and always.

CarpeDiem10.jpg

I was sitting in the living room this afternoon when my wife walked in the door with mail in her hand. The look in her eyes told me that I had done something wrong. I started going through the mental checklist of Husbandly duties to see if I missed something:

Complement her hair....check

Take notice of all she does for the family....check

Tell her that she is my soulmate.....check

Worked last weekend on the honey-do list.......well :rolleyes:

All of the sudden, my thought process was interrupted by a shiny gold package with no postmark that she placed in my hand.

I looked up...yep - I was still getting the Look :blink:

"Really honey, I don’t know what this is," I said.

I was getting nervous....did I order another coin and forget about it? Did I order one in my sleep? I carefully opened the package...all the time wondering what this might be and why I was getting it. I know that I am getting older....was my memory failing me?

I slowly reached into the envelope...all the time with my beautiful wife glaring at me...and that is when I pulled out:

Carpe Diem #103!

carpediem2-1.jpg

I dont know who sent this, but I am so happy and thankful. This is my first mystery coin and is now officially my favorite. It is such a beautiful coin. Thank you so much!!!

Now all I need to do is go find a magazine for my wife with the story, "What should you do when you suspect your husband of being a geocoin addict!"

-or-

"So he says he got a mystery coin, what does that mean?" ;)

Well Im really really late on posting. But a few weeks ago or so, I was lucky enough to find a nice gold padded envelope in my mailbox. In the back of my head I had a slight memory of seeing postings of such an envelope, but couldnt recall what it was about.. So i quickly opened it up, and wow, a beuitful Carpe Deim coin. The picture dont do it justice. Its a great looking coin, with a cool design. Id like to thank who ever sent it. It's my 2nd mystery coin received, and will stay in my collection.

Thanks...

And, a shiny gold mailer was in my mailbox at school sent to myself today! Not knowing what this was, I started to open it when I got back to my classroom "no way this is a second mystery coin in a two week period...NO WAY"

Yup! 126 has come to spend time with kate.

As for the markings next to the number...my only thoughts are either a stylized "skeleton" lying down, sort of give you the impression it's there, or maybe some type of modified arabic or similar language?...I don't recognize it whatever it is.

Anyway, to the coin sender. THANK YOU! and I really have no idea who you are. Nice touch on not getting a postmark on the stamps.

Just wanted to thank RSG again for helping me get a carpe diem coin for my philosophy professor! I can't thank Lara enough, and thank you to the mystery coiner for sending out these great coins. Dr. Newman was very pleased with it. I had shown my carpe diem to him several months ago and he loved it. Thanks guys!

you are very welcome. glad he liked it!

a9c38e8d-690f-4674-98cd-afae844d509b.jpg

I got a surprise in the mail on Saturday. Returned home from a visit to Kansas and a mysterious package was in the mailbox with a mystery coin. Very cool coin. The real Mystery is what to do with it. I stopped collecting coins 3 years ago and I'm in the process of selling all my coins. This coin is intriguing. I sure appreciate, whoever you are Mystery Giver

2bugs

a9c38e8d-690f-4674-98cd-afae844d509b.jpg

I got a surprise in the mail on Saturday. Returned home from a visit to Kansas and a mysterious package was in the mailbox with a mystery coin. Very cool coin. The real Mystery is what to do with it. I stopped collecting coins 3 years ago and I'm in the process of selling all my coins. This coin is intriguing. I sure appreciate, whoever you are Mystery Giver

2bugs

That is this coin...Carpe Diem!