The Carpe Diem Mystery Coin

IBcrashen

WOW!!! When I got home there was a gold mailer sitting on the counter! WOW!!! A very nice mystery coin #51. Thank you very much!! As has been said before they do come at the best time. Things have been very busy with work, the new MnGCA coin, planing for GCF and other projects around the house that time is in short supply. The coin was a nice break and a good pick-me-up.

Thanks again! It will be honored in our collection.

A few weeks ago we took a quick trip for a few days, our neighbor got our mail while we were gone.

So today he come down and said that he forgot to give us some mail that came he said SORRY.

When Dad came back in I wanted to tackle him cause he had a bubbler and not any bubbler but a gold bubbler and not one but TWO bubblers....

Well there are thee cachers in the house so who was going to be mad :) ?

I can tell you it it was not me :lol:

I now have #58

e917128d-be27-4c73-aca3-3468e81a4379.jpgc6c6e4f5-6d90-445d-8d37-8154bb7baf82.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS COOL COIN

Sorry about the pictures had to scan to get them in.

P.S. I won't tell you who got the second Gold Bubbler but SHE is HAPPY ;)

Edited by Fredhead

A few weeks ago we took a quick trip for a few days, our neighbor got our mail while we were gone.

So today he come down and said that he forgot to give us some mail that came he said SORRY.

When Dad came back in I wanted to tackle him cause he had a bubbler and not any bubbler but a gold bubbler and not one but TWO bubblers....

Well there are thee cachers in the house so who was going to be mad ;) ?

I can tell you it it was not me :D

I now have #58

e917128d-be27-4c73-aca3-3468e81a4379.jpgc6c6e4f5-6d90-445d-8d37-8154bb7baf82.jpg

P.S. I won't tell you who got the second Gold Bubbler but SHE is HAPPY B)

WOW, congrats Fredhead :)

Haven't seen you at the forum in the last weeks :) Great to see you back here.

Well there are thee cachers in the house so who was going to be mad :laughing: ?

I can tell you it it was not me :D

I now have #58

P.S. I won't tell you who got the second Gold Bubbler but SHE is HAPPY B)

WOW, congrats Fredhead :(

Haven't seen you at the forum in the last weeks :D Great to see you back here.

ok ok this really peaked my intrest, can anyone guess to how many of these coins were made to be sent out and where is the list to post for mailings? im all green right now being a new geocacher and wanna join the club :)

PS just wondered something.. what do all the receivers have in common?

Edited by chai_latte

ok ok this really peaked my intrest, can anyone guess to how many of these coins were made to be sent out and where is the list to post for mailings? im all green right now being a new geocacher and wanna join the club :laughing:

PS just wondered something.. what do all the receivers have in common?

That's pretty much what (most of) the receivers have in common, I'm betting: there is a list (the Geocoin Forum user address book). Check it out! : )

Oh sorry that I didn't specify.... It is a 1900 English half penny.... I'm sure that it isn't as old as what you have lol.... I have other coins from mid 1800s but that is about as old as my collection gets.

;):D Actually I even have banknotes older than 1900! :D;)

Not something special.... some French assignats of 1793 (I hope they are real), a russian note that says 1898 but actually it is not... and a Cuban tiny note with the date 1897! :ph34r:

But it is a nice coin with Victoria old, wearing a veil! she died in 1901! B) And do not forget! your coin is 110 years old! :ph34r:

Edited by GATOULIS

So I was out mowing the lawn today at a different house, and its really hot here. And I was drenched, and tired. Not my favorite day. I came home and piled up the mail in the kitchen. Just finally got around to it, and wouldn't ya know. Out pops a shiny gold mailer. Now after my last mixup, I figured I would double check. Sure enough, I didn't send this package to myself, someone else did! Woot! Super thanks to whoever for dropping a little fun in my mailbox on this fine day.

TMA

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom (and your Grandma, too). : ( I am thinking of you both and hoping, too, that she responds well to treatment. And I'm very happy to see you got a pick-me-up when you really needed one. It's great when little things like that work out so nicely.

The story today from Mrs. Jonesen hit my heart. I know and still remember my very first mystery coin. Happy this filled her heart and day with good thoughts. My prayers will go out for her loved one - so recently hit with the news of the big CA. One reason so many of us rally around Relays held in many parts of our countries.

Today my hubby went and got the mail from the Post Office as usual. I am blessed to have him with me after his CA diagnosis, surgery, and chemo back in 2006. We value each day we are together...........well, he came home with the mail in hand. He always makes a big game of sorting it - his, mine and ours. And the mailers - oh yeah, he knows they are coins. LOL :lol:

So - I spy the gold mailer. And he is handing me everything else. :lol: He almost seemed to know I just wanted to see that mailer. :grin: So he finally hands it to me.........the stamps are not cancelled and I mailed it to myself - he laughed. :lol:

I couldn't believe it, maybe was this mystery coin for me. I hoped, as I held my breath, and opened the envelope..........yes, yes, it was and #24! This is a very interesting coin with the details and enamel. I absolutely love it and photos can not do it justice.

Thank you - and clearly the gifter knows the importance of the message. Each day is special - enjoy it and live it well.

DSCF0159.jpg Again, my humble and greatful thanks!

Today #65 found it's way into my mailbox! This coin holds a couple of special meanings to me; THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOEVER YOU ARE! I took quite a few pictures of it, but interesting enough the best picture was with my cat Nikos, who was hit by a car a year ago. He shouldn't still be here today, but as you all can see he is alive and well. His recovery was long, but he runs around like a little kitten now :lol: Perhaps he best knows how precious life is............

NikosandCarpeDiem.jpg

What a wonderful surprise that found it's way into my mailbox today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for lighting up my day :grin:

Today #65 found it's way into my mailbox! This coin holds a couple of special meanings to me; THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOEVER YOU ARE! I took quite a few pictures of it, but interesting enough the best picture was with my cat Nikos, who was hit by a car a year ago. He shouldn't still be here today, but as you all can see he is alive and well. His recovery was long, but he runs around like a little kitten now :lol: Perhaps he best knows how precious life is............

NikosandCarpeDiem.jpg

What a wonderful surprise that found it's way into my mailbox today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for lighting up my day :lol:

Oh!!! Nikos is so amazing!!! :lol: A wonderful coin for both of you my friend! He knows how precious life is but you know it too because you saved him! :lol: So...Carpe Diem my friend! :lol:

Tell him a Meow from Nikos the Human! :grin:

Mrs Jonesen! I am so sorry for your grandmother and your mother! I hope your mom will win in the fight she has to make! My prayers are in you and her! the good thing is that it is in the first steps so.... doctors can fight it too! I am glad that you got the mystery coin! :lol:

Congrats to all receivers!!! :lol:

Well, today is my birthday and I came home from work in the POURING rain, to find that the mailman had not considered the possibility of rain today. So, most of my mail was soaked, BUT there was a shiney gold envelope in with the mail. HMMMmmm.

Luckily this piece of mail survived the bath that the rest took.

WOOO HOOOOO a mystery coin!!!

Thank you for my birthday gift!!!!

Well, today is my birthday and I came home from work in the POURING rain, to find that the mailman had not considered the possibility of rain today. So, most of my mail was soaked, BUT there was a shiney gold envelope in with the mail. HMMMmmm.

Luckily this piece of mail survived the bath that the rest took.

WOOO HOOOOO a mystery coin!!!

Thank you for my birthday gift!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

Today I found a mysterious gold bubble mailer in my mailbox! Addressed to me and from me!! I tear it open to discover this awesome Mystery coin!!!

PICT0170cr.jpg

PICT0172.jpg

Very cool coin! I'm loving the translucent & shiny gold. :o The message is very timely - pun totally intended! LOL!! :o I'm off to seize the day! Thank you so much, Mystery Coin Gifter!! I love both the coin and the message!!

CF30

I've been very busy at work and have kind of drifted away from geocoins and this forum. However, this evening I got home from work and and checked my mail. I found a gold bubble mailer addressed to me, from me! Since I haven't been in the forums for a few months, I had no idea what it was, but a bubble mailer could only mean one thing - A GEOCOIN!!! Immediately thoughts started racing through my head, had I signed up for a mission a few months ago? Did I enter and win a contest?

I opened the mailer and found a smaller envelope with Carpe Diem coin #023!! Love the coin and love the phrase! Reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time, "Dead Poet's Society". Thank you very much, mystery sender!!!! :o That was really, really nice of you! I can't even guess who you are as the mailer didn't have the stamp from the post office with the city/state where it originated from! I have no idea how you managed that, but I really appreciate your generous gift! I'm adding it to my coin binder...and I think I'll end up coming back into the fortums (think I'm getting the "geocoin itch" again!). :o

Sorry for the slow reply but things have been a little hectic and busy in my life.

I was out of town last month and i got a phone call from home about a package in the mail from me to me and of course i knew what it was right away but not sure which coin it was so i had River Tinkerbell open it up.

It was nice to get home awhile back to see it in person.

Thanks so much for the wonderful Geocoin.

This is my 4th Mystery coin :?)

Love the details and message of this coin! I think sometimes, we ignore the big blaring signs that are in front of us telling us to slow down and seize the day. Sometimes a blatant reminder just needs to be in front of us. If this made it's way to my mailbox, I'd make sure it was put someplace where I could be constantly reminded of it's message! Awesome job and congrats to all the lucky recipients!

And...after all of that...I guess there were a few things that I sent to myself also?? I don't know HOW I got over the ocean to send myself a gift, I don't even have a passport.

Carpe Diem! You took me by surprise!! Thank you.

a68ac3b7-a15e-4f83-876c-0af2cb787d54.jpg

Wow...I have no idea how long this amazing coin was sitting in my mailbox in Salt Lake City. I just got 6 months worth of mail shipped to me here in CA. This was in one of the puffies that I wasn't expecting to see in the lot. Thank you so much for including me on the list of those who have been honored to receive this dark and mysterious coin.

Yesterday I found a golden envelope in our mailbox. :)

Did I order something ? Yes, but that's only 2 days ago so it is impossible this has arrived so soon....

And a golden envelope ? Well, that sure does not look like a regular shipment !

Rob and I open the envelope together and we discover a really beautiful coin which I certainly have not ordered myself.

Watching the coin it actually turns out to be a very special one !

It shows the inscription 'Fragilis Est Vita, Caducum Est Tempus" CARPE DIEM (in the Netherlands we call this "Pluk de dag")

I have no idea about the person who has sent this special coin, but probably by coincidence it has arrived at a special moment for us since Rob had to go into hospital today for a brain scan (MRI)..... another 5 days to wait for the result, but in the meantime we try to turn each day into a great day..... "Pluk de dag" :)

Mystery Man, thanks a million for this great gift; we keep fingers crossed we can enjoy this coin for many years to come !

Yesterday I found a golden envelope in our mailbox. :)

Did I order something ? Yes, but that's only 2 days ago so it is impossible this has arrived so soon....

And a golden envelope ? Well, that sure does not look like a regular shipment !

Rob and I open the envelope together and we discover a really beautiful coin which I certainly have not ordered myself.

Watching the coin it actually turns out to be a very special one !

It shows the inscription 'Fragilis Est Vita, Caducum Est Tempus" CARPE DIEM (in the Netherlands we call this "Pluk de dag")

I have no idea about the person who has sent this special coin, but probably by coincidence it has arrived at a special moment for us since Rob had to go into hospital today for a brain scan (MRI)..... another 5 days to wait for the result, but in the meantime we try to turn each day into a great day..... "Pluk de dag" :)

Mystery Man, thanks a million for this great gift; we keep fingers crossed we can enjoy this coin for many years to come !

Congratulations on your coin arrival AND best of health wishes for Rob - "Pluk de dag"

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Truer words have never been spoken, which also reminds me of another saying

“When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you’ve got plenty to watch”

Having received this mystery coin yesterday I admit is overwhelming, the 3rd mystery coin this summer. Though I’m not one to complain I also am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

What I’m trying to say (very badly) is thank you so very much mystery giver. Next year I will have reached the age of my father when he passed away, this has caught me a little off guard and like another saying “Death twitches my ear. “Live,” he says, “I am coming”. Now I will have this coin in hand to watch, hopefully a full length epic movie of my life.

Just one more of saying from one of my favourite movies – Dead Poets Society – “Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary”

002-20.jpg

004-9.jpg

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Truer words have never been spoken, which also reminds me of another saying

“When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you’ve got plenty to watch”

Having received this mystery coin yesterday I admit is overwhelming, the 3rd mystery coin this summer. Though I’m not one to complain I also am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

What I’m trying to say (very badly) is thank you so very much mystery giver. Next year I will have reached the age of my father when he passed away, this has caught me a little off guard and like another saying “Death twitches my ear. “Live,” he says, “I am coming”. Now I will have this coin in hand to watch, hopefully a full length epic movie of my life.

Just one more of saying from one of my favourite movies – Dead Poets Society – “Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary”

002-20.jpg

004-9.jpg

Congrats! Not only is that a great coin but those photos really show the detail of the coin itself.