Bug in benchmark search page?

Nylimb

I found a benchmark by accident today that wasn't in my GPSr's list of nearby benchmarks. I eventually found that its PID is JS2218. But if you go to http://www.geocaching.com/mark and do a search for benchmarks near its location (N 38 37.967 W 121 45.95), it doesn't show up. As far as I can tell, the only successful way to search for it is by its PID.

Is this a known bug? Should I report to someone?h

quote:
Originally posted by Nylimb:

Is this a known bug? Should I report to someone?

Yes, it is a known "bug". The search does not display any benchmark that has ever had a "not found" report as this one did in 1984. If you click "See all benchmarks for this query" at the top of the search results page, it will show these benchmarks. There has been some discussion about the fact that a "not found" will override a subsequent "found" report and I'm sure that Jeremy has seen those. Hopefully, it's on his list of future improvements.

On the other hand, benchmarks that have been reported "destroyed" never show up here, those can only be found in the NGS database. Of course, if they're gone, who cares?

RogBarn wrote:

> Yes, it is a known "bug". The search does not

> display any benchmark that has ever had a "not

> found" report as this one did in 1984. If you

> click "See all benchmarks for this query" at the

> top of the search results page, it will show

> these benchmarks.

Thanks! I see that a bunch of others in the area have also been marked as "not found"; I'll add them to my list of things to look for.