World's Most Powerful Cacher

I'd nominate Snoogans, but only because he has his finger on the pulse of completely destroying the hobby completely (a 5000 gallon vat of bison tubes and film canisters, I'm told).

Thanks for the vote.

Yes, it IS possible to love something to death. I'm like that abdominal snowman from that Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck cartoon when it comes to geocaching.

263725-119515-abdominal-snowman_large.jpg

I just want to hug it and hug it and pet it and pet it until it don't move no more. :D

Of course I meant abdominal. Didn't you see it too?

I know how you feel. A fellow cacher nicknamed me Auntie Squishy (her daughter thinks it's my real name, now) years ago, after the episode in "Finding Nemo", where Dory tries to adopt the Jelly:

Dory:I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy Come on, little Squishy.

[baby talk, the jellyfish stings her]

Dory: Ow. Bad Squishy, bad Squishy.

:)

I vote for bflin.... blfenj... flbnej...

I vote for dog with glasses.

Which one?

A thread frought with cliquish and snobbish behavior that should die a quick death.

Irony... calling a topic "snobbish" when the post doing so is the only snobbish post in the topic. :)

What would be the criteria for becoming the World's Most Powerful Cacher? Is this based on caching credentials or on pure human awesomeness? Would the cacher being nominated have to be a member of the geocache society for a prescribed number of years, or would a few months suffice? Is there a potential for an arch-nemisis to arise, who attempts to overthrow the delicate balance of peace? Might there even be a potential for violent and unrelenting civil war, geo-brother against geo-brother? Could that lead to a swift and bloody coup d'etat? What would be the age limits? Are we considering the possibility of past geocaching lives influencing the prowess of the nominee, like a geo- Dalai Lama?

Would there be cake at the ceremony for everyone?

More importantly, would there be a consideration for the possession of mediocre super powers (such as: always being able to arrive at the cache, regardless of the terrain rating, but always finds the way most covered with thorny bushes to get there)?

Well...? I'm a noob-chop and I'd like to know...

What would be the criteria for becoming the World's Most Powerful Cacher? Is this based on caching credentials or on pure human awesomeness? Would the cacher being nominated have to be a member of the geocache society for a prescribed number of years, or would a few months suffice? Is there a potential for an arch-nemisis to arise, who attempts to overthrow the delicate balance of peace? Might there even be a potential for violent and unrelenting civil war, geo-brother against geo-brother? Could that lead to a swift and bloody coup d'etat? What would be the age limits? Are we considering the possibility of past geocaching lives influencing the prowess of the nominee, like a geo- Dalai Lama?

Would there be cake at the ceremony for everyone?

More importantly, would there be a consideration for the possession of mediocre super powers (such as: always being able to arrive at the cache, regardless of the terrain rating, but always finds the way most covered with thorny bushes to get there)?

Well...? I'm a noob-chop and I'd like to know...

I suspect you are angling for Australia. Or maybe a place in the Evil League of Evil.

I go with the dragon, he spits fire, the dogs will just tug on your pants leg or hump you. The dragon wields power

Yeah, but every time the dragon is done with a cache, it's a "needs maintenance" log. Besides, I think some people frown on the "scorched earth" tactic of finding a geocache ;)

Now that's misleading.

Some of the caches are merely dried out when I leave.

It must be Jeremy, since he could shut it all down with a click.

I know that this activity is supposed to be family-friendly, but I mis-read the last word in the above posting. The "c" and the "l" sort of smooshed together to form a "d", which made me think that Jeremy really WAS the World's Most Powerful Cacher... ;)

I'd nominate Snoogans, but only because he has his finger on the pulse of completely destroying the hobby completely (a 5000 gallon vat of bison tubes and film canisters, I'm told).

That would have to be me, since I have already found every cache that will be hidden in my area in the next five years. Really.

*Ahem* define "my area". I'm guessing the northern boundary of your area doesn't reach the Bangor/Garden City area and a certain puzzle cache that doesn't have your signature in it...

On reflection, the above might be read that I was trying to say that TAR would log a find that he did not actually locate in the field- and sign the physical log for. What I meant to say, in planer English, is that I have a cache that may be in his area that he hasn't sought out yet- and therefor does not have his signature in it. Sorry for the confusion, TAR.

Edited by Castle Mischief

Vote early, vote often! I'm cuter then the dragon!*

* Well, probably not, but who's comparing?

You are cuter, but the dragon doesn't confuse say "then" when he means "than."

The Grammar Nazi (me) votes for the dragon.

Plainly, what I meant was I'm cuter... then comes the dragon! IE, the dragon is the next cutest.

Yep. That's what I meant. Uh-huh!

So vote for me...

Plainly, what I meant was I'm cuter... then comes the dragon! IE, the dragon is the next cutest.

Yep. That's what I meant. Uh-huh!

So vote for me...

Guess we need a Comma Nazi here, then.

Based on a recent poll of male geocachers, 93.4% said it was this girl... because she has nice legs, good cleavage, and looks hot in mismatched underwear.

So does Snoogans, so that doesn't give her an advantage! ;)

lol - do not be in the middle of drinking some orange juice when reading this... ;)

BTW I vote for Brain too!

Edited by Frank Broughton

Careful... cant' talk about that.. even the illiterate log/grammar thread was shut down for having nothing to do with caching. ;)

Based on a recent poll of male geocachers, 93.4% said it was this girl... because she has nice legs, good cleavage, and looks hot in mismatched underwear.

photo_04_hires.jpg

I was going to ask what you meant then my wife looked at your post and showed me that you had written something above the lovely picture. Somehow I missed that the first time.

So does Snoogans, so that doesn't give her an advantage! :blink:

No that's a joke :unsure:

SS

Well..... Ed knows me better than you do dude. My wife agrees with his post. :rolleyes:;)

Regarding 'Poweful' I think it's purely subjective - could be someone with a huge number of finds (like Lee) or a huge number of hides, or maintains their caches regularly, or goes out on heroic treks to the remotest locations for only a scant few finds, or someone with a jeep who goes down mining roads in 108 degree heat, is the most well-roundedest cacher, or solved the most puzzles or whatever.

It's a fun thread to read, anyway.

Edited by DragonsWest