World's Most Powerful Cacher

So much negativity, let's try focusing on something positive. :)

Name your candidate for World's Most Powerful Cacher and briefly (in 20,000 words or less) explain why they are deserving of such honor.

That would have to be me, since I have already found every cache that will be hidden in my area in the next five years. Really.

:)

That's preeeetty awesome, but let's see if we can elicit other tales of Caching Prowess!

The most powerful cacher I know is my wife. :) When she's had enough and says it's time to go, well, we go. If she says we are not leaving until we find this cache, that's exactly what we do. :)

It's all about knowing that when you go to sleep at night that you will wake up the next morning... :)

Vote for me because I have a weird sense of humor, and there is a purple pen on my desk.

I apologize, but I already spent my vote on the dragon. And don't think I haven't noticed the lack of reciprocation. :)

With all due respect... You said the check was in the mail. Until the check clears... Well, you know the drill.

Vote for me because I have a weird sense of humor, and there is a purple pen on my desk.

I apologize, but I already spent my vote on the dragon. And don't think I haven't noticed the lack of reciprocation. :)

With all due respect... You said the check was in the mail. Until the check clears... Well, you know the drill.

I can't vote for a guy that does not even have a STATS page. :)

Scubasonic

No, no, no. I sent it via PayPal. I have my receipt. :)

I can't vote for a guy that does not even have a STATS page. :)

Scubasonic

I have a stats page.

Vote early, vote often! I'm cuter then the dragon!*

* Well, probably not, but who's comparing?

No, no, no. I sent it via PayPal. I have my receipt. :)

You expect me to take a hit on the 1.75% paypal? I don't hardly think so.

Ok, I stopped payment and I'm now giving the blue bow my vote! :)

Can we vote for ourselves?

I'll vote for you. I don't care what the dog with glasses says. :)

Thanks.

I think people truly underestimate my power!

I won't underestimate anyone with eyes that color red.

I'll vote for you.

And my second vote will have to go to sioneva just because she's cute.

(hey no one said there were rules here, and if there are they certainly didn't get pointed out)

And Briansnat gets an honorable mention for sure. He doesn't need the votes since he's so good at voting for himself. He knows how good he is.

Vote simpjkee for 'World's Most Powerful Cacher' because I'm the darkhorse in this popularity vote. I'm the up and coming powerful cacher that all the bloggers are talking about. It's time to retire these career powerful cachers, who represent the same tired ideas, and vote in a fresh face with new ideas and the motivation to see that they are powerful. I'm change you can believe in!

15rfea8.png

So who's with me!?!

:)

I'd nominate Snoogans, but only because he has his finger on the pulse of completely destroying the hobby completely (a 5000 gallon vat of bison tubes and film canisters, I'm told).

That would have to be me, since I have already found every cache that will be hidden in my area in the next five years. Really.

*Ahem* define "my area". I'm guessing the northern boundary of your area doesn't reach the Bangor/Garden City area and a certain puzzle cache that doesn't have your signature in it...

I wasn't going to post here....but in light of the currentt My Finds PQ thread over in the website forum, I'm pretty sure it's briansnat.

6:09, 'snat posts that his MyFinds Query hasn't come. 6:19, Raine verifies that he has re-set the query and it should be along shortly....

Not to discount the power of SkipHerr's wife. Which is considerable.

Or the blue bow. All things blue

The World's Most Powerful Cacher? I have found that true power lies behind the scenes. Who controls the powers that be? Although some believe that Barack Obama is behind everything, my research indicates that those who know don't say. Those who say don't know. So it is not the people with the most numbers. Nor is it those who would advance their candidacy or post on the forums. To answer this question, you have to first understand the spectrum of power itself.

There is of course the dark side. While the details are rather sketchy, we do know that the Geocaching Council of the Illuminated Elders of the Bilderberg meet once a year. At their disposal is a fleet of black helicopters able to remove any geocache at a moments notice, able to change every FTF log to a GCD, able to call out the bomb squad on any given cache, or ultimately to push the button and disrupt satellite communications. The real purpose of this has yet to be learned, and their leader remains mirky, but I believe it has something to do with Dr. Pikb - or perhaps even with Uncle Vinny.

On the other side of things are those that work for good. The cachers who place hides in interesting locations, who strive to be the third to find a cache, who maintain virtuals in the face of adversity, who practice their CITOing skills wherever they go, who willingly provide help to puzzle challenged cachers in need, who organize events to strengthen the sense of community, who always move the geocoin in their possession on to a new cache, those who teach new cachers that is is better to trade up or even, who do not gloat in their logs, who post their DNFS, those that believe that that longer you have to hike, the easier the find should be; those that do not place caches on steep sides of lakes that are only accessible in drought years right after other cachers have found the previous caches on steep sides of lakes that are only accessible in drought years. It is these people who hold the balance of the game.

As Luke Skywalker found out, power is a complicated matter. And if you are too good, you are probably wimpy. So who is most powerful? I have always thought sdarken or j5 crew would be it. But it is probably someone who uses an iphone and has three or four logged finds listed. That is just the way it works.

Edited by Erickson

I'd nominate Snoogans, but only because he has his finger on the pulse of completely destroying the hobby completely (a 5000 gallon vat of bison tubes and film canisters, I'm told).

Thanks for the vote.

Yes, it IS possible to love something to death. I'm like that abdominal snowman from that Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck cartoon when it comes to geocaching.

263725-119515-abdominal-snowman_large.jpg

I just want to hug it and hug it and pet it and pet it until it don't move no more. :)

Of course I meant abdominal. Didn't you see it too?