Ever get accused of something by the next finder? [Rant]

Meh, just feel like ranting.

Go on vacation, find some great caches, check on the cache a few weeks later and find the next cacher says:

"Last finder should have concelled it after they found it."

If I hadn't concealed the cache, fair enough - but maybe, just maybe people shouldn't make assumptions. Who knows what happened in the 3 days between finds? Looks like on this particular cache it has happened several times before: I'm thinking in this case cover is being blown (literally) by wind, or cache is/has been raided. (GCRF7T)

Some people feel the need to constantly correct others, even uninvited.

You'll notice they also offered updated coordinates to the cache, although I see no complaints about bad coords.

Shrug it off & move on, not really worth letting it bother you. :)

Edit: Corrected spelling. :)

Edited by Too Tall John

There are quite a few cachers out and about that do not log online. Something you may or may not be taking into account. Could be muggle activity also, note that many geocoins and tbs supposedly there, aren't.

Lots of possibilities.

Understand your desire to not be accused, but I suggest to move on and don't lose sleep over it.

Go on vacation, find some great caches, check on the cache a few weeks later and find the next cacher says:

If I hadn't concealed the cache, fair enough - but maybe, just maybe people shouldn't make assumptions. Who knows what happened in the 3 days between finds? Looks like on this particular cache it has happened several times before: I'm thinking in this case cover is being blown (literally) by wind, or cache is/has been raided. (GCRF7T)

I know what you mean, but don't take it personally...I think the only assumption being stated is your own assumption that you were the last finder. Unless they named you, someone else could have found it and never logged online or in the book.

Yeah actually. I dropped the daughter and 3 or 4 friends off at a concert at a college about 80 miles away (Fallouot Boy and Paramore, if I remember correctly) and went caching for about 5 hours, and found about 16 caches. Four of these caches were in the same park, and could be done in less than an hour. A real power trail by 2007 standards. :) So this was on a Friday night, and over the weekend, someone who joined in like 2004, but only had about 40 finds found them, and dropped "hid better than found" logs on three of the four. Like I didn't hide them as well or better as *I* found them. They probably thought I was some crazed number ho' finding 16 caches in a mad rush in one day or something. :) I have to say, that kind of ticked me off.

In your case, yeah. Wind, critters messing with the cache, who knows. It happens a few days later.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel
Some people feel the need an overwhelming impulse an uncontrollable urge to constantly correct others, even uninvited are busybodies.
Fixed it for ya.
Fixed knowschad's fix.
I just love it when the fixers fix the fixers fix.
Meh. I fixed it so it said what I was thinking when I first started to respond.

Don't think I didn't notice the lack of apostrophe, jholly! :)

So, at this point, the fixee fixed the fixer's fix of the fix of the fixer?

"Last finder should have concealed it after they found it."

Round here you can pretty much blame the raccoons. They are lousy cachers.

It's not generally considered good form to call out other Cachers by name in these forums.

I think its alright. After all, they haven't been online for a few years now.

bears are pretty bad cachers also. The cougars on the other hand don't seem to be interested in caching.

:) Why do you think I'm a bad cacher?

:);)

:) Well, Cindy Bear promised to stop chewing on my waypoint containers if I gave her hint to finding the final. She has signed the log at the final for the mystery cache.

Amparo Oso took a giant bite out of another cache. (We named cache in her honor.)

In general, I find that bear lack the paw dexterity to open most cache containers, and resort to biting the containers. Usually, large rocks placed in front of the container discourage the bear.

Cachers have accused me of hiding the containers from the bear, rather than from the geocachers. They are correct.

Gratuitous photo of Cindy Bear:

56d99e66-333a-46bf-a80f-f70bd6b86e5f.jpg

Then there are Los Dos Oso Negros... Returned from hiding that cache to find one of los dos osos nergos chatting with the cachemobile!

It's not generally considered good form to call out other Cachers by name in these forums.

I think its alright. After all, they haven't been online for a few years now.

Yeah, someone mixed them up with hamsters, and stuck them in a cache - which was shortly thereafter archived but not collected, leaving them stuck for all time...

There was one cache near here where the logs had every cacher saying they hid it better than it was found.

Sure would have hated to look for it after 7 people hid it harder every time!!!!

(homeless person nearby checking it out everytime????????)