Geocache Wordpress Blog

capetownfly

For those of you who are interested in the word press blogging format, I have setup a blogging site for geocaching. I will certainly use it for my ramblings and general discussions.

If you are intersted, please register @ : Geocache SA.

The site is still new and I will be tweaking it, adding features as time permits.

Capetownfly

Edited by capetownfly
For those of you who are interested in the word press blogging format, I have setup a blogging site for geocaching. I will certainly use it for my ramblings and general discussions.

If you are intersted, please register @ : Geocache SA.

The site is still new and I will be tweaking it, adding features as time permits.

Capetownfly

Yes word press is very nice - just getting to grips with it myself. I see you have left the default test in the About page - delete it or add your own!!!!

Cownchicken also run a blog (invite only) so check in with them and maybe you could put rss feeds of each other blogs on your blogs! (Hope that makes sense)

Also first thing I do with my blogs is to turn on the pretty urls. You go to your admin panel and then you go to the permalinks option under Settings menu abd select the custom option and copy an paste this in there

/%postname%/

That will give you nice urls such as

http://www.geocachesa.co.za/hit-75-this-weekend/ instead of the more cryptic

http://www.geocachesa.co.za/?p=31

Good for your readers and good for google!

I would also add the archive or recent posts widgets or both to your right and sidebar.

I am by no means a WordPress expert but I am learning......

Trev

Edited by trevorh7000
Wow ! Thanks for the tips, i have implemented them. The theme itself is some generic theme off the web, but will tweak it as well as time allows.

mmmmm I see you have added recent blog contents but nothing is showing up?! Perhaps try adding the archive widget. Not sure why that widget you have used is not working!

The pretty urls are working great and that link I posted in my last post now works!!!

Trev