Help! What to do? I found geocoin in cache, placed in new cache, but cant log it becuase last finder didnt log placed.

startgroup.org

Did you make a note of the tracking number on the coin? Even if the coin wasn't listed as being in the cache you got it from, you can retrieve it from it's current location or holder. Then just post a note for the cache you dropped it in and click on the coin from your inventory to drop it there. Perhaps the previous cacher just hasn't gotten around to logging it into the cache you got it out of. Give them a couple of days...

Do you still have the actual tracking number of it? If so then grab it from the cacher who hasn't yet logged it as dropped. Then drop it into that cache and retrieve it. That way it gets credit and miles for being in that cache. Then grab it out of the cache and drop it into the one you left it in. If you don't have the number of it anymore if you email the owner and told them what happened they may give it to you so you can fix up the logs. Does this make sense? LOL

The cacher who dropped it in the cache may have been on vacation too and hasn't gotten to log yet.

Ok, I hope what I just did was ok.

I do have the number. I logged it as discovered. But that didnt add it to my inventory. So, I deleted the note, and logged it as GRABED IT FROM XXXX. Then I logged it as dropped into the new cache. That appeared to have worked. It didnt log the miles from where I last found it. But I guess it doesnt matter becuase I placed it in a cache located about a few hundred feet away.

I hope that was ok. Was that the right thing to do?

Looking at the coin's track logs I can see that they had only just dropped off the coin on the day you picked it up so I would've waited a couple of days to let them catch up with their "paperwork" before grabbing it out of their inventory. No biggie.... it's just a courtesy when caches are popular and travelers get picked up faster than they are logged and tracked. What you did was perfectly legit. :D