Just started

Joker74

Hey all just started caching in New Hampshire. Looking to get a fairly cheap gps. would rather buy on here than ebay.

THis great unit is like brand new. Selling for my Aunt who does not smoke, unit has so scratches and was rarely used--List price on the web about $220 new and we would like to sell here in the forums rather than evilbay.....Yes, the USB cable and wrist strap are included. $160 (shipping not incl.) This is a great unit.

From Garmin's site -- Deep foliage, nor canyons faze the rugged eTrex Vista HCx. Its high-sensitivity receiver holds a GPS signal in the toughest environments. Similar to the Vista Cx, this handheld navigator also has a bright color screen, barometric altimeter, electronic compass, microSD™ card slot and automatic routing for wherever adventure takes you.

I have a very basic Garmin eTrex (with USB cable) I will sell for $40 (including shipping), but I would suggest you take a look at the review on Geocaching.com before you say yes. It may not be what you're looking for.

If you have questions feel free to email me.

Good luck and Happy Caching!

Hey all just started caching in New Hampshire. Looking to get a fairly cheap gps. would rather buy on here than ebay.

Take a look at my ad here for a Garmin eTrex Legend, which is the one I myself started out with last summer. It's a great entry-level GPS that will get you going in geocaching without making too big of an investment. Just $75, which includes shipping and insurance. PM me if you have any questions.

$117 for brand new Garmin Venture HC (High sensitivity and color screen) at walmart.com (free shipping with Site-to-store). Comes with data cable, software (mapsource), Geocaching mode... The best part i think about those is you know it hasn't been abused or dropped or dunked, etc... (or thrown in frastration :D ) Venture is rated 4 stars by Geocaching community

do you use the garmin venture hc??? im thinking about gettin it myself its on sale at amazon.com as well. does it make a good beginner gps for geocashing or should i keep saving and get the garmin 60csx???

Haven't used the Garmin 60, but for a beginner Venture HC would definately be sufficient. - We've been using ours for almost 2 years now and used a regular old Etrex for a year before that.

I am new to geocaching myself and I have looked into several gps. The best ones I have found so far that have the geocaching application are the Garmin Dakota, the Magellan explorist GC and delorme pn 30 or the pn- 40 model! you might want to check those out. Just a tip from another geocacher!