Is it ok to link to a blog post in a log entry?

Recently I discovered a cache that was placed near an ancient crime scene where a body was once buried. After posting my find I wrote an extended post on my blog about my experience and was going to link to it from my log entry, but I wasn't sure if that was appropriate. I've been reading up the TOS for Geocaching.com but didn't find anything that they would frown on linking to your site from a log entry, unless it was for purely commercial reasons.

Is this considered ok though? I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes. :laughing:

Thanks for the encouragement all. If I suddenly disappear though you'll know why. :D

Id like to read it , To bad its at the wrong end of the state :D

http://www.habitationofjustice.com/going-w...dies-are-buried

Yeah it sure IS the wrong end of the state. I forever curse my ancestors for being too lazy to move further west (or north) or ANYWHERE off this rock. Why couldn't I have been born in Colorado? :D

Recently I discovered a cache that was placed near an ancient crime scene where a body was once buried. After posting my find I wrote an extended post on my blog about my experience and was going to link to it from my log entry, but I wasn't sure if that was appropriate. I've been reading up the TOS for Geocaching.com but didn't find anything that they would frown on linking to your site from a log entry, unless it was for purely commercial reasons.

Is this considered ok though? I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes. :D

I'd SERIOUSLY doubt there is a problem with it. I'd go for it.

You could simply cut and paste the blog entry into the log - that would appease anyone who had an objection to having to go offsite for whatever reason.

But please do also provide a link back to your blog and explain that there are pictures there etc, as that will give people the opportunity to discover what looks like a really fun and interesting blog overall - I for one have already added it to my feed reader, thank you.

I for one have already added it to my feed reader, thank you.

I tell a lie - I can see your RSS feed in feedburner but I can’t get either of my readers (Bloglines, Google Reader) to pick it up properly … and that’s after editing off the superfluous http:/….you might want to check your feed generator….

I for one have already added it to my feed reader, thank you.

I tell a lie - I can see your RSS feed in feedburner but I can’t get either of my readers (Bloglines, Google Reader) to pick it up properly … and that’s after editing off the superfluous http:/….you might want to check your feed generator….

Just tried it out now, works fine in Google Reader. Try unsubscribing and resubscribing it again. Let me know if you still have problems.

Bloglines however is another story. I have since given up on ever trying to get my feed to work there, which hasn't been updated in over a year. Nonresponsive tech support, nonexistent forums, WORST company I have ever dealt with. They can't go out of business fast enough. :)