Need help with Oregon 300

I have been using my Oregon for some time now without any complaints. Unfortunately, we haven't been caching in awhile. I downloaded some new caches to the unit and off we went. We got some old ones that i dowloaded previously but noticed that the new ones weren't in the unit. I assumed that I must have made a mistake when I downloaded them. When we got back home, I downloaded them again but the unit said that they already existed. Where are they? I went into the the setup screen and reset EVERYTHING which I thought would clear all previous entries and start out fresh again. It did reset almost everything except all of the old caches???? The new ones still don't show up either. What am I doing wrong? Are they writing to a different location? Please help.

Thanks,

Scott

Team Labatt

I have been using my Oregon for some time now without any complaints. Unfortunately, we haven't been caching in awhile. I downloaded some new caches to the unit and off we went. We got some old ones that i dowloaded previously but noticed that the new ones weren't in the unit. I assumed that I must have made a mistake when I downloaded them. When we got back home, I downloaded them again but the unit said that they already existed. Where are they? I went into the the setup screen and reset EVERYTHING which I thought would clear all previous entries and start out fresh again. It did reset almost everything except all of the old caches???? The new ones still don't show up either. What am I doing wrong? Are they writing to a different location? Please help.

Thanks,

Scott

Team Labatt

The geocaches could be loaded on the unit itself, or the SD card. Check the garmin/gpx directory under both.

Thanks,

Scott

Team Labatt

Try deleting your GPX files from the Oregon, then disconnect and reboot. Then reconnect to the computer and re-install the GPX files you want. Should solve the problem.

This procedure prevents the lock-up on power-on problem and the problem with some of caches you just loaded not appearing on the unit, but still showing in the Garmin/GPX folder.

I had a similar problem when I first got my 300. I deleted all the GPS files and started from scratch. Haven't had any problems since. Not sure if there was some corrupted data causing the problem. Give it a shot, it should take care of everything.