"Upgrading" MapSource

I have upgraded my Oregon 400t to an Oregon 550t. I have upgraded the original MapSource data with the numaps lifetime upgrade, but of course that won't work on the 550t because the data are tied to the 400t. What can I do to get back to the original MapSource data (before the upgrades)? Must I remove MapSource and scrub the apps folder and the registry of related data or is there another way?

Edited by Zen Cooker #1

MapSource is merely the program shell.

The map data (TOPO, City Navigator, etc) "live" inside MapSource.

Upgrading your MapSource program will not affect any map data that was previously installed on the computer.

MapSource will work with any compatible GPS unit for sending data (Favorites/Waypoints, Tracks, Routes) regardless of the map version on the GPS unit. You just can't send the maps which are not unlocked to another GPS unit. (Well, you can send them but they won't work.)

If you had maps previously install in MapSource, then go to View > Switch to Product to view other map products.

I'm still confused. What is the "data on the disk"? What data are you trying to load to your 550t?

As long as you are not sending Maps from City Navigator then it won't matter that it is there. In fact, it may help you locate where you are. You can still send Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks without any problems.

However, if you really want to delete it, then go to "Add/Remove Programs" and remove City Navigator 2010 not MapSource.

I have City Navigator North America NT 2010, so I suppose those are the data that were upgraded. I want to get back to "square one", i.e., the data on the disk, so that I can upload those data to my 550t without it being tied to the 400t.

Sounds like you've already unlocked your Mapsource data for your 400t. You can't unlock it to the 550t unless you buy another unlock key. Once you spend an unlock key on one GPS, that's it. When you buy City Navigator it can be used on only one GPS unit. I think you've done that with your 400t, so you'd need to buy a new license (aka unlock key) for your new GPS. There is no "going back" if you've already used your one key.