Rolling Dog Ranch Cointest

tsunrisebey

Just found this thread an hour ago-- out caching all day!!

I voted and-- I got a pig. OOIINK!! Snuffle those truffles!!

Blessings to everyone who voted and to all those who help our

critters to become and stay healthy and happy!!

And, thanks to tsun for another great cointest!!

GeoCharmer81 (AKA Kelly)

I have been trying and trying to vote from my cell phone but I keep getting a message that "no shelters found" I did exactly the same thing I did on my computer, but it's not working. I tried caps, no caps, full name, partial name, no name, city, no city... I'm very frustrated. I still haven't gotten Daniel's computer working and that is making me crazy anyway, but since I can't double check to make sure that it's me and not the site it's really annoying.

Still I did get quite a few people to vote. Not all of them shared their animals but here is a list of the ones besides my mom and the other friend I mentioned in my second post, who did.

Bear

Cow

Horse

Cow

Zebra

Cat

Elephant

Dog

Lion

Lion

I'll try a bit longer on my end and since this is my 3rd post I'll wait until after the cointest to post anymore.

I have been trying and trying to vote from my cell phone but I keep getting a message that "no shelters found" I did exactly the same thing I did on my computer, but it's not working. I tried caps, no caps, full name, partial name, no name, city, no city... I'm very frustrated. I still haven't gotten Daniel's computer working and that is making me crazy anyway, but since I can't double check to make sure that it's me and not the site it's really annoying.

You have to put the state (MT) in, or it will return with the 0 shelters found.

The site doesn't like my ancient mac laptop. Each time I hit search it comes back and says "undefined". No misspellings either and I have tried several times. I already did it from my desktop and from my itouch and didn't get this. I have other computers but none online so I guess this is it!

I was amazed by the video and very impressed that all the animals are so healthy and happy, getting along and the place so well organised. I wonder about the blind cats and dogs finding their way around in a new place (I have human friends who are blind, moving home is a huge deal.) Maybe they can take the whole wood cabin, so the windows and doors remain in exactly the same orientation!

I was too late to vote, sorry, but thanks for showing is this remarkable place, I can see why you're sorry to see them move away.

Edited by Fianccetto

I was amazed by the video and very impressed that all the animals are so healthy and happy, getting along and the place so well organised. I wonder about the blind cats and dogs finding their way around in a new place (I have human friends who are blind, moving home is a huge deal.) Maybe they can take the whole wood cabin, so the windows and doors remain in exactly the same orientation!

I was too late to vote, sorry, but thanks for showing is this remarkable place, I can see why you're sorry to see them move away.

Humans use sight and sound as their primary methods of sensing the world. Dogs and cats use smell and sound. So I'd guess a cat or dog that can't smell would be a lot more disabled than a blind dog or cat. :D Being blind to them is like when you get a cold and can't smell anything to us.

Well, I don't know that for sure of course, but having seen how well blind animals get around, it makes a lot of sense!

I hope our votes helped as well! They are a wonderful organization. I am so jealous of their new place in NH. I wonder if I could move out there and work there... :D

Humans use sight and sound as their primary methods of sensing the world. Dogs and cats use smell and sound. So I'd guess a cat or dog that can't smell would be a lot more disabled than a blind dog or cat. :D Being blind to them is like when you get a cold and can't smell anything to us.

Well, I don't know that for sure of course, but having seen how well blind animals get around, it makes a lot of sense!

I hope our votes helped as well! They are a wonderful organization. I am so jealous of their new place in NH. I wonder if I could move out there and work there... :D

Have seen quite a few animals that are blind and the owners are unaware. They function very well in a familiar environment and mostly have trouble once they get into unfamiliar areas.

The results of the voting will be announced Weds. so we'll find out that day how much our voting made a difference for the Rolling Dog Ranch.

The results were not in real-time as you were all voting, if you noticed, the poll never moved, that's because it is updated daily with the last day not showing results as we voted which we will know weds.

Anyhow, random number generator picks were the following, please contact me if your post# is one of these. I'll need your name and address.

Thanks, tsun :)

If one of your posts happened to be picked more than once, please let me know and I'll have the generator pick a new number so we have 5 different winners.

My posts were chosen..... well, not even once. :) Can we have the generator pick new numbers? :D ? :D ?

CF30

:) I understand you my friend! :) I was the next post 2 times but ok... they were not voting posts! ;)

Congrats to all winners and to all who voted!

Steph, thank you so much for the cointest and for the chance, to be a little better humans even by that voting, and of course for the chance to win your baby dragon! :)

I was writing down the names to go with the numbers to congratulate everyone, going through the list backwards, and imagine my surprise when #54 was me!!!!

#24 - Dolfy

#54 - me! !!!! :)

#66 - kdlutz41

#85 - EdDakota

#127 - baanne

Thanks so much for the cointest, and for such a great cause. I can't wait to see how they did in the final standings!!

Also, congratulations to the other winners! :)

You have to put the state (MT) in, or it will return with the 0 shelters found.

Thanks. But I was doing that. It was still not finding it. I had no trouble with my computer, just my phone. I never did it to work right but I tried until the last minute.

I didn't win a coin, but I feel like a winner anyway. I hope the votes helped and can't wait to find out. Thank you TSUN for the chance to win one of your beautiful coins. Cougratulations to the winners.

Edited by wolfslady

I was writing down the names to go with the numbers to congratulate everyone, going through the list backwards, and imagine my surprise when #54 was me!!!!

#24 - Dolfy

#54 - me! !!!! :)

#66 - kdlutz41

#85 - EdDakota

#127 - baanne

Thanks so much for the cointest, and for such a great cause. I can't wait to see how they did in the final standings!!

Awesome!!! Thanks for the cointest! I sure hope they win!

I'll send ya my address in a little bit. Congrats to the other winners!

#24 - Dolfy

#54 - me! !!!! :D

#66 - kdlutz41

#85 - EdDakota

#127 - baanne

Congrats to all the winners Also a Thanks you to TSUN for the cointest hope we got enough votes to help out the ranch.

#24 - Dolfy

#54 - me! !!!! :D

#66 - kdlutz41

#85 - EdDakota

#127 - baanne

Awesome. That new dragon coin looks beautiful.

congrats to the other winners and thanks for the cointest. i liked to help that ranch sounds like a very good place for animals

Notification in my e-mail today from The Animal Rescue Site:

Congratulations to...Copper Country Humane Society of Houghton, Michigan, which will be taking home the Grand Prize of $10,000! Three lucky organizations will each receive $3,000 Honorable Mention grants: Denison City Pound in Denison, Iowa, Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, Utah, and Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary in Ovando, Montana.

Woohooo, $3000 is better than nothing ;) Thanks for voting everyone!

As a thank you and a surprise to give back to the geocoin community... once I FINALLY get the Baby ET's minted this year, I'm going to go through the list of each voter and send each one of you a free Baby ET when they finally get done :unsure: So be patient when they come out as I'll probably only be able to mail a few out each day until I get through the whole list of you :rolleyes:

It pays to help me with my animal causes :blink:

Thanks again all!

tsun

Congratulations to...Copper Country Humane Society of Houghton, Michigan, which will be taking home the Grand Prize of $10,000! Three lucky organizations will each receive $3,000 Honorable Mention grants: Denison City Pound in Denison, Iowa, Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, Utah, and Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary in Ovando, Montana.

congrats to "Rolling Dog Ranch" for the honorable mention and congrats to everyone who voted too. i'm sure the funds will be put to more good use to help many of our furry friends. kudos! :rolleyes:

As a thank you and a surprise to give back to the geocoin community... once I FINALLY get the Baby ET's minted this year, I'm going to go through the list of each voter and send each one of you a free Baby ET when they finally get done :unsure: So be patient when they come out as I'll probably only be able to mail a few out each day until I get through the whole list of you :rolleyes:

Thanks again all!

tsun

Thanks for letting us be a part of this, and I hope that $3000 is put to good use. I hope you don't got crazy mailing out all those Baby ET's and thanks for the cointest! :o

Woo Hoo doubly!! I went to school in the Copper Country at Houghton and they won!!! Cool!! I didn't vote for them but I feel like I know half of the winners. LOL

Thanks again all!

tsun

That's great that they are getting some grant money. It's very generous of you to do that with the ET's also. You must like animals as much as my family. We've got 3 dogs, and 2 cats in a not so large house!! You can see pictures of them here

Congrats to the winners.

Congratulations to all of the cointest winners. Rolling Dog Ranch and all of us voters turned out to be winners, too, I see. Wow, you are amazing, tsun. Thank you. But I have a question. Would R.D.R. be eligible for the next shelter challenge that begins on May 17 and runs through August 22? With an earlier start on us voting, maybe the next round they could win the larger grant.

Great news!!! so they got the 3000$ !!! I am so glad that we helped for such a good thing!!! ;)

I am so glad that animals who need our help will continued to be rescued! :rolleyes:

Steph my friend, maybe the next time tell us about it a little earlier and be sure that more will vote! I am saying this because when I saw it, it was night here so..

Oh! You are so generous!!! One baby dragon for each voter!!! WOW!!

Congrats to all winners! We are all winners... not only because of the coin but because we helped with our votes! :unsure: