Rolling Dog Ranch Cointest

tsunrisebey

As most of you have probably figured out by now, I'm an animal lover. Nothing melts my heart more than the critters of the world especially those that are in rescue facilities/shelters.

Below are some links that I'd like you to take a look at. The Rolling Dog Ranch is located in Ovando, Montana which is about 45 minutes west of Helena, Montana. The couple that owns the ranch and all those who volunteer will have a special place in heaven waiting for them :laughing: This place is unique in that they take the animals from shelters who have no hope otherwise. The critters they take in are very special in that they are blind, deaf, have nuerological disorders, missing limbs, etc. They take care of those that society would mostly never consider taking care of themselves because they are seen as anything other than "perfect".

Unfortunately the Ranch is going to be sold and the owners are going to be moving their ranch to New Hampshire. They've been here for 10 years and finally got tired of the cold, long winters, expensive living and remoteness of their location to modern facilities. Can't say that I blame them. They are taking all the animals with them so they have a long road ahead of them.

If you have a fast internet connection, check out the 1st link and scroll down just a bit and watch the Jack Hanna's "Into the Wild" television segment on the Rolling Dog Ranch. If that doesn't touch you in some way, I don't know what will. It's very heart-warming and might make you shed a tear or two but ultimately smile :)

The Ranch makes it's living solely off donations and if you're a pet owner, you know how expensive it is to feed just a few critters, imagine feeding all of theirs!

However here is where I need your help. There is currently a contest running for shelters to win a cash prize of $3,000. It isn't alot but every little bit helps. The voting ends tonight at midnight Pacific time and the Rolling Dog Ranch is currently in 4th place. I'm hoping with a small miracle we could gather enough people to boost them into 1st place and help them win that much needed $3,000.

Click on the 2nd link. Type in "Rolling Dog Ranch" and click 'search'. The shelter name should pop up and you can click on 'vote'. You will be asked to verify your vote by tying in the name of the animal you see in a small picture. Mine was a lion. You should be able to figure it out.

Again the voting ends tonight and at midnight, Pacific time. If you can, try to get some of your friends and family to vote for the Ranch or use a different computer to vote again.

http://www.rollingdogranch.org/

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickTo....faces?siteId=3

The fine print B)

1) After you vote, please post here in this thread that voted.

2) Post the kind of animal you had to type the answer to in order to verify your submission

3) You may enter more than once if you can find a different computer to enter from or get a family member or friend to enter. You will need to follow Rule #1 and #2 again along with name of the other person or "2nd computer", etc.

4) Winners will be picked by a random number generator according to Post #

5) There will be 5 winners picked

6) Each winner will recieve one of the new Pax: Baby Draogn Cache Slayer geocoins.

7) While I encourage you to find as many voting people as you can, you may only submit 3 entries to this contest.

8) Thanks for your help :cool:

tsun

Thanks Tsun....

Elephant.

I do hope that even after this contest ...people will sign up at the Animail Rescue Site and get daily update to click and help feed the animals each day....the stories are great...I enoy reading them each day ....and if you have a mind to...any purchase at the store also results in food for the site also....

Great site..

KD

Thanks for voting!

It doesn't matter where you are in the world, you can still vote up until it is midnight on the US Left Coast :laughing:

The tally of votes is updated daily so we won't really know the results of all this until the contest is over since we're all voting on the last day.

As long as they come in 3rd or 1st in the US, they will probably get some sort of grant money :)

tsun