Best caches in San Diego?

Jojogirl

Since I whill be joining my husband on a business trip to San Diego in June, I am looking for tips on which caches in San Diego are most wonderful. I did some research myself but wasn't able to find any helpful bookmark lists so far and the number of caches in San Diego is so huge that I am now lost in searching.

Does anyone here have some great tips for me?

Since I whill be joining my husband on a business trip to San Diego in June, I am looking for tips on which caches in San Diego are most wonderful. I did some research myself but wasn't able to find any helpful bookmark lists so far and the number of caches in San Diego is so huge that I am now lost in searching.

Does anyone here have some great tips for me?

Go to "Monopolizing Your Time" or "Greta Garbo's Phone" and check out the bookmark lists on them; that sshould lead to to other good ones here.

There certainly are quite a few caches here! Something for everyone.

Look up this Book Mark List: San Diego Consensus Favorites This is a list of caches that have shown up on at least three individual cacher's favorites list. Everyone of these caches are gold nuggets.

Also, go look up The Forbidden Forest (GCME1Z). This cache is on almost everyone's favorites list. Which means that there are 26 (as of last count) favorites lists on this cache page.

Thanks, those suggestions and the bookmark list really helped me out ;) My days in San Diego will be very cache-heavy I think ;)

Glad the bookmark list helped you. I would caution you that unless you are an engineer or a glutton for punishment you might not want to try all those puzzles. Also look at the past logs for some of the caches. They are all time favorites, but I'm not sure how many times they are found. If you know an area that you want to cache in that might help. If you are near the coast there are lots of coastal caches with great views. If you are a hiker we have other trails that are awesome. If you just want to laugh.. the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches in East County are a hoot! If you are a bike rider the bike path in Coronado is fun. Tell us where in San Diego you want to center on and maybe we can help more.

I decided to pass on the puzzles when I saw a few of them. Those caches are very common (and popular) here but the diversity in difficulty here is enormous, while all San Diego puzzle caches I've seen seem way to complex for me. Just trads and multi's then.

As to the area, I will mostly be in the centre of the town. Since we probably won't rent a car I'm dependent on my own 2 feet and public transport. So I think the best spots for me are all the large parks (Balboa Park, Mission Bay, Tecolote Canyon and maybe Mission Trails) or am I really missing out on what San Diego has to offer then?